This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recant: Garmin you missed the mark

Update:

After revisiting this little tracker and some Garmin updates have dropped... pretty much all of my criticisms below are moot. It is a surprisingly powerful tracker that keeps getting better. I'm glad Garmin kept the design basic yet the menu system has quite a lot of rich features to accommodate a great number of workouts. 

Old:

This would have been a great device to complement a fenix or other more advanced Garmin sport watch.  This band would have been ideal if custom workouts could be imported into the device.  Additionally, I don't always want to wear my bulky Fenix 7 (except for outdoor activities like, camping, hiking, kayaking, biking, etc); sometimes a discrete band like this would be great to keep tracking casual activities while on the other wrist I can wear one of my mechanical watches. I think the use case could be for weightlifting, sleep tracking, yoga, treadmill or just casual activities where a lightweight, discrete device would be preferred and onboard GPS being not needed (primarily indoor activities or casual activities for connected GPS).