This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Any news about next generation? Vivosmart 5

Hi Guys, any news about new Vivosmart? I have V4 and it’s just about to retire. Battery is very weak, display with dead lines etc. Surprisingly still works, but I need a new one! 

• Vivosport is like 5 years old. Disappointed

• They just introduce some new child’s trackers, so I hope they did not forget about Vivosmart. Fitbit is an option, but it’s bigger and does not work well with Garmin platform. I’m having Fenix for running and Edge for cycling so I need to integrate data with Garmin. What I need then is a small tracker with payment option and basic messaging while I have proper mechanical watch on left hand.

• Very good Idea!!! Hop garmin work fast for this!

• I really want to buy a activity-watch. But to buy a 2 years old Garmin Vivosmart 4, is it really worth it now? I have waited all autuum for Garmin to release a new version but i guess it aint coming? 

I really think Garmin losing customers on this "non-communication" about a new activity-watch.  

• Seems unlikely.  I think the (slightly upgraded) vivosport has been out 3 years now as well.  I think the market has shifted to the much more expensive, all integrated "smart device" and left the dedicated trackers behind.  It's a bummer as I love my vivosport, but it doesn't look like the slim form tracker will be around much longer.  Hopefully fitbit stays afloat.

• Have there been any new Garmin releases lately? Given the global pandemic and their ransomeware hack earlier in the year, it maybe that all their release plans have been pushed back

• Go to your bosses and tell them we're ready for the 5

-love the garmin user base.

• There's a reason people are buying Whoop, Oura ring, Biostrap, Xiaomi, Fitbit etc. There's a huge market that are into slim healthbands, but, most companies have not realised that we will also pay a premium for an all inclusive healthband. I wish people would realised that healthbands do not have to be cheaper/worse than smartwatches. I would rather not have a watch or a lcd face at all, but I'm forced to, as the big companies are missing a market segment. 

Am using the Garmin 945 just for activities, and the Vivosmart 4 for daily use, along with one of their competitions as I'm missing HRV data from Garmin. 

• Would be sweet if Garmin could give us a ring or slim no screen band to go with our Garmin watches. A vivosmart 5 with better sleep tracking like on the Fenix 6 will also do.

• while you for sure cannot disclose any roadmap it would be nice to tell the product team about this thread. It seems we have business opportunities still untapped ;-) 

happy holidays