This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Vivosmart 4 problems with Connected GPS

After the firmware my Garmin VS4 has connected GPS. Very happy but very soon I found that I have only few GPS completed workouts. Most of the time I have only short segment from my routes. It is not my phone GPS because other software gave me complete routes (started at the same time with my VS4).

Anybody with the same problem? Any solutions?

• Yes it was fixed with the last update a few weeks ago

• Well. if it was fixed in 4.33, it broke again quickly. I'm having the same issue with Connect 4.35.1 and VS4 S4.80 (Android phone). 

• Hi, I have same problem a girlfriend's Vivomove Style. We tried last version of Garmin Connect and older 4.33 and it is stile broken. We solved it by version 4.31.1 from june 2020. I dont understant how is possible that Garmin din´t solve it dhuring 4 months and 10 updates.
    It is terrible attitude from Garmin.

• Hi all. Same issue with VS4 SW 4.90 and Garmin Connect v4.37.2

• I have a problem with stair climbing accuracy.  How can I go up 5 flights and down 10?  It never lets me reach my goal.  I have manually counted the flights.  The ones going down are accurate.  Going up only counts half.  I work on the 3rd floor.  How can I only go up 1 flight and down 2? Each time I have to go to the first floor and back up!  

• Try to wait a little bit longer after each floor climbed. There is a little delay for barometer to find the accurate value.

Climb a floor and wait 10-15 seconds then go to the next floor.

• Thank you!  I have tried to trick it, by going up one staircase and down the hall and then up the next one, and that seems to work.  So, I guess it's a quirk as to how it works.  Garmin chat told me to rinse the back off, let it air dry and then try again.  Something about the sensor on the back getting clogged, or covered.  I will try the wait time and see how that goes.