How to track Cycling?

How am I supposed to track cycling? Its not an option on 'Activities', so there doesn't seem to be any way to to start the tracking of cycling. I've taken some bike rides wearing the Vivosmart 4 hoping that it would automatically pick up the activity. It doesn't. Please help!

Thank you
Stephen
Parents
  • The vivosmart 4 does not record cycling activities. However, you can choose another activity profile, such as running, and record the activity. After syncing the device, you can edit the activity on the Garmin Connect website or the Garmin Connect Mobile app to a cycling activity.

The device will record a Move IQ event on the device if you choose not to start the activity timer as a cycling event. The event has to be at least 10 minutes and is based mostly on arm movement similar to the activity being performed. Move IQ events only show on your daily timeline and not in the activities list. So I believe the best option for you is to record another activity type and edit it later in Garmin Connect.
  • The vivosmart 4 does not record cycling activities. However, you can choose another activity profile, such as running, and record the activity. After syncing the device, you can edit the activity on the Garmin Connect website or the Garmin Connect Mobile app to a cycling activity.

The device will record a Move IQ event on the device if you choose not to start the activity timer as a cycling event. The event has to be at least 10 minutes and is based mostly on arm movement similar to the activity being performed. Move IQ events only show on your daily timeline and not in the activities list. So I believe the best option for you is to record another activity type and edit it later in Garmin Connect.
Children