This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with paying by vivomove luxe

When i paying by my vivomove luxe sometimes it's freeze and clock dosen't respond. I need to connect to charger to restart my clock.

The failure occurs when the watch is brought closer to the payment terminal.

This started after the Garmin system crashed a few weeks ago.

I using ING bank in Poland.

How can I resolve that problem?

• I have absolutely the same problem with my vivomove luxe. The battery still had about 30%, the watch died when paying (hands got stuck in position 3-9). The watch turned back on at home after connecting to the charger.. Subsequently, I also had to calibrate the hands. Garmin, please address this issue.

• For now I can't pay anywhere, because my vivomove are freezing every time when I paying :(

• I have absolutely the same problem with my vivomove luxe. The battery still had about 30%, the watch died when paying (hands got stuck in position 3-9). The watch turned back on at home after connecting to the charger.. Subsequently, I also had to calibrate the hands. Garmin, please address this issue.

Hello! Does this happen every time you try to use Garmin Pay regardless of battery percentage? Will this happen even if you test it while not actually at a register to pay? If so, would you be able to record a short clip of this happening and post it here? 

• In my case the battery percentage are not important

• Hello, it's only happened to me once so far. It was I think the third real payment within 5 minutes. If it's not a firmware-related problem, it makes me feel like the watch couldn't handle the instantaneous current draw, which is probably needed for payment, when the battery approaches low - in my case aprox. 30% (ie. not as low as when watch warns and does not allow wallet to be initiated at all). Two days ago, I again made three consecutive payments, this time with the watch fully charged and the problem did not appear. I can hardly make video of watch payment in a store full of people. But I'm sending a short clip of the condition of the watch, when it got stuck after payment.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn8960gdmm8tdfn/20210203_165735.mp4?dl=0  

• In my case the battery percentage are not important

Okay, can I have you try a factory reset on the device (Open Menu>Settings>Reset>Delete Data and Reset), re adding your card to Garmin Pay, and seeing if the watch continues to freeze when using Garmin Pay? Please make sure to sync all activities with Garmin Connect first, as this will delete everything from the watch. Also, please let me know if it continues to freeze!

• Hello, it's only happened to me once so far. It was I think the third real payment within 5 minutes. If it's not a firmware-related problem, it makes me feel like the watch couldn't handle the instantaneous current draw, which is probably needed for payment, when the battery approaches low - in my case aprox. 30% (ie. not as low as when watch warns and does not allow wallet to be initiated at all). Two days ago, I again made three consecutive payments, this time with the watch fully charged and the problem did not appear. I can hardly make video of watch payment in a store full of people. But I'm sending a short clip of the condition of the watch, when it got stuck after payment.

Okay, if you continue to have this issue, can I have you perform a factory reset on the device (Open Menu>Settings>Reset>Delete Data and Reset), re add your card to Garmin Pay, and see if your watch continues to freeze? If it does, please let me know. If you do decide to do a factory reset on the device, please make sure to sync with Garmin Connect first as the factory reset will delete all data from the watch. 

• According to the instructions, I performed a reset to defaults with data deletion. However, the problem recurs. Now I have about 20-25% of the battery on my watch and when I made one of the payments, the watch died again. As proof I filmed the whole process on video. The first payment will be proceeded, with the second payment the watch will die and the hands will remain in position 3-9. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4prtfujhh73oom6/luxe2.mp4?dl=0
    Actual battery status when this situation happened is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts399y4sqtwjj2t/Luxe_bat.jpg?dl=0 
    To revive it, it is necessary to connect the watch to the charger and adjust the hands. Both are very annoying and frustrating with luxury watches. In my opinion, it looks like a failure of the power management or the battery of the watch, which thinks that they still have enough energy, but at the same time cannot handle a higher one-time current consumption at the time of payment. If the powermanagement would work properly, it will not allow the garmin wallet to even start under a certain battery charge level. I've already experienced that. Now it starts the wallet without any problems and the watch dies when paying, probably due to lack of energy. If you do not find a solution in the form of a firmware repair, please suggest a real solution as soon as possible. 

• Same issue occors on my Vivomove luxe. Once the watch connects to the reader, it freezes. Restart only possible by connecting it to the proprietary power supply. Very annoying, as it already resulted in multiple "now I cannot pay these products" moments with a queue behind me.  Tried the factory reset and removing the card, no improvement unfortunately. 

• According to the instructions, I performed a reset to defaults with data deletion. However, the problem recurs. Now I have about 20-25% of the battery on my watch and when I made one of the payments, the watch died again. As proof I filmed the whole process on video. The first payment will be proceeded, with the second payment the watch will die and the hands will remain in position 3-9. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4prtfujhh73oom6/luxe2.mp4?dl=0
    Actual battery status when this situation happened is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts399y4sqtwjj2t/Luxe_bat.jpg?dl=0 
    To revive it, it is necessary to connect the watch to the charger and adjust the hands. Both are very annoying and frustrating with luxury watches. In my opinion, it looks like a failure of the power management or the battery of the watch, which thinks that they still have enough energy, but at the same time cannot handle a higher one-time current consumption at the time of payment. If the powermanagement would work properly, it will not allow the garmin wallet to even start under a certain battery charge level. I've already experienced that. Now it starts the wallet without any problems and the watch dies when paying, probably due to lack of energy. If you do not find a solution in the form of a firmware repair, please suggest a real solution as soon as possible. 

Thank you for providing this information! I would like to create a case for you, do you mind if I email you from Garmin?