This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivofit Jr 3 - appeal to developers for screen display improvements / Chore completion?

Hello!  Can we please appeal to the software developers to improve the screen display brightness and add the ability to check off chores in the watch?   These seem to be common complaints and experienced by many users.  While I appreciate the concept of using less battery power and designing the watch to be used outside, I feel like it is misleading to the consumer.  Yes, my kids play outside for hours during the day.  However, most chores are done indoors and there are still hours of a child's day spent indoors, especially during the week.  And the watch should be designed to be used at maximum effect both in and out of doors.  Also, adding alarms to the watch for chore reminders is wonderful but to expect the child to heed the alarm, complete the chore and then go into an app to mark the chore as complete is expecting a bit much of children who naturally have a short attention span.  To hear the alarm, complete the chore and mark it as "done" all from the convenience of their wrist would be awesome and greatly increase the satisfaction of your consumers, Garmin!   Resolving these 2 issues would make this a near perfect smartwatch for kids!   Please listen to your consumers!  Thanks!  

• Hello!  Can we please appeal to the software developers to improve the screen display brightness and add the ability to check off chores in the watch?   These seem to be common complaints and experienced by many users.  While I appreciate the concept of using less battery power and designing the watch to be used outside, I feel like it is misleading to the consumer.  Yes, my kids play outside for hours during the day.  However, most chores are done indoors and there are still hours of a child's day spent indoors, especially during the week.  And the watch should be designed to be used at maximum effect both in and out of doors.  Also, adding alarms to the watch for chore reminders is wonderful but to expect the child to heed the alarm, complete the chore and then go into an app to mark the chore as complete is expecting a bit much of children who naturally have a short attention span.  To hear the alarm, complete the chore and mark it as "done" all from the convenience of their wrist would be awesome and greatly increase the satisfaction of your consumers, Garmin!   Resolving these 2 issues would make this a near perfect smartwatch for kids!   Please listen to your consumers!  Thanks!  

Hi there! Thank you for this feed back. We appreciate this and I can send this over to my team. I can not make any promises on if changes will be made but we like to hear this feed back so we can improve your customer experience. 

• I couldn’t agree more!  Well said! At the very least Garmin should address the backlight issue - and should have done this by now since it has been a year since most of these posts are over a year old complaining about the exact same thing, with numerous Garmin employees replying tot he same issues. 

• Can you please release an update to make the screen brighter? 

I (and I think many others) would happily replace the battery sooner.

Or even better, let us control it from within the app.

For a company like Garmin this should really not be an issue 

• I just got this watch for my son yesterday. Same feedback 3 years later so I won't hold my breath.