This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Vivofit 4 keeps counting and didn't reset to zero at midnight

Just got a new vivofit 4 to replace my vivofit 3 (which always worked properly). I notice it's still counting steps the next day, without resetting to zero at midnight.  I now have almost 30K steps and it's only 9AM. :P 

Any way to fix this? I've synced it several times, the time is correct - it just keeps counting and counting.. 

• Just got a new vivofit 4 to replace my vivofit 3 (which always worked properly). I notice it's still counting steps the next day, without resetting to zero at midnight.  I now have almost 30K steps and it's only 9AM. :P 

Any way to fix this? I've synced it several times, the time is correct - it just keeps counting and counting.. 

Hello! Please make sure the Garmin Connect App is up to date.

If you look under the step details in the Garmin Connect App, does it show the correct number of steps for each day?

• I'm having the same problem. Synced this morning and went from 114 steps to over 3000 on the vivofit 4 but showing correcting on  Garmin Connect

• I'm having the same problem. Synced this morning and went from 114 steps to over 3000 on the vivofit 4 but showing correcting on  Garmin Connect

Hello!  What software version is the watch and Garmin Connect app on? Does the watch sync successfully with the app?

• Having the same issue with my new Vivofit 4. My Garmin Connect App is version 4.5. The issue seems to occur sporadically (not every day). The watch shows extra steps in the morning on some days. The app shows the correct number of steps after syncing. The watch eventually gets the correct number of steps later in the day after several syncs.

• Resolution: This issue may be related to a known issue in which some Garmin watches report inaccurate step counts when they are manually synced at or near midnight (for reference, please note that over the past few years there are several other posts to this message forum reporting this very same issue)

Workaround: Avoid manually syncing your Garmin watch at or near midnight; in the event that a Garmin watch is inadvertently synced at or near midnight and subsequently shows an inaccurate step count, the inaccurate step count will eventually resolve itself later in the day