Incorrect Steps Streak showing on watch (in words, although bars show accurately)

My steps streak in bars on my VivoActive 5 and on the app is showing 12 days (accurate), but the watch SAYS, "11 day streak."  Any ideas why and how to get if to show correct streak days?  I see similar issues coming up repeatedly on this forum, but see nothing about how to resolve the issue, from Garmin or elsewhere.  

• Aaand, once again - problem solved, don't know how, don't know why, but at end of today, it adds TWO days to my streak, bringing my watch back to accurate.  

• Your watch shows an 11-day streak, but the app shows 12 days. This might be a sync issue. Try these steps:

1. Sync manually with the app.
    2. Check time zones on both watch and app.
    3. Restart your watch and the app.
    4. Make sure both have the **latest updates**.

If it still doesn’t match, contacting Garmin support might help.

• Thank you!  As noted, two days later it "corrected itself."  However, I'm going to be saving your response for future reference should it happen again.  I can say I did try syncing manually and checking the time zone, and the problem happened shortly AFTER they rolled out new updates.  But I'll try to remember to do a total restart (the old standby, "Try rebooting your computer.").