Step count is not resetting and sleep is not tracking

I am experiencing an issue where my Vivoactive5 is not resetting my step count from yesterday. This also seems to be causing my sleep not to be tracked. The screenshot attached shows that my step count does not match my daily timeline. My watch also did not record any sleep last night.

The watch shows yesterday's step graph for today and reports that I took no steps yesterday. 

Watch Software: 9.27

Connect Android Version: 5.0

Here is what I have tried:

• Turning off the watch
  • Turning off the phone
  • Updating the watch and Garmin Connect on the phone
  • Powering off the watch and phone at the same time
  • Syncing time on the watch via phone and GPS
  • Ensuring Activity Tracking is on
  • Ensuring Consent to upload data is enabled

• You'll want to ensure the time and date are correct on your watch and are set to to Auto not Manual. This can cause an issue such as you are experiencing. Additionally please review this FAQ: I Am Missing Wellness Data in My Garmin Connect Account

If you continue to experience this disruption, please reach out to your local Garmin Support team.

• Thanks for the reply. I did try adjusting the time settings while the issue was occurring to correct the problem but with no success. Also, I worked through the steps in the FAQ you attached and included those in what I had tried. The watch once again began tracking steps, sleep, heart rate, and other metrics accurately the following day so I see no reason to escalate further unless there is interest from Garmin.

I think the most interesting piece here is that the first screenshot shows that the Daily Timeline was accurately counting steps but the summary was not reporting them correctly. I am unable to reconcile why the difference is so pronounced. Further, the watch displays show no steps on the day before the issue while the Garmin Connect shows an accurate step count summary and daily timeline.

I'm happy to try and help identify the root cause if there is any interest. Otherwise, I do appreciate the response.