This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 Battery Drain

Someone locked my other thread, so reopening it here.

--------------------------------------------------------

Original text:

I’m on SW 7.8 and have noticed bad battery life over the past few weeks.  

I’m suddenly down to ~70% drop in less than 2 days and sometimes the battery will drop 30% in just a couple of hours and then level off.  

Charging also seems way too fast, which makes me wonder if battery capacity is bad. 

Battery drop with GPS activities seems normal.  It’s outside of activities where it goes quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------

A soft reset helps temporarily, but it comes back.  Just charged mine two days ago.  It charged from 15% to 100% in about 30 minutes and then proceeded to drain 50% over the next 24 hours.

I think the battery capacity reporting is bad.  It's a little better if I leave it on the charger for a few hours.  Will only drain about 20% a day, which is in line with the stated 5-day battery life

• Have the same issue,  fully charged in 45 mins from 10%, back to 10% in lets than 24 hours.  Backlight and all bells and whistle off, just tracking steps. Getting annoying now

• You made a correct observation:
    it recharges too fast!

I had noticed that too. I was waiting for the watch to reach 90% to wind it a second time up to 100%

this way it lasted me much longer! it's like the 100% doesn't match the real recharge.

To fix this permanently, I charge the watch for 4-5 hours. The battery works better and lasts 4-5 days.

• That’s a good workaround, but not an answer.  

Also, there are still times that charging 2+ hours does not result in longer battery life. 

In my case, battery drain during activities is normal.  It’s the rest of the time that it’s draining quickly.

• Charged it overnight, will sèe how it lasts today 

• Didn't work. Fully drained in 24 hours
  • I think your battery is irreparably damaged.
    My watch is returning to having the autonomy it had 3 years ago. I only deactivated the lighting on gestures, now it is 80% after almost 2 days on.
    My watch battery is balancing properly with these stretched refills, I recommend them.