This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 - sw 7.8 wifi 2.6 - crashes when searching for wifi

Went for a run yesterday (slow half). All recorded and saved so all working normally.... 

However 2 issues:

1/ This morning the step counter remains at the same number and hasn't moved. 

2/ I attempted to see if an update was available on the watch - searched for wifi and the watch just shut down on me. Did soft reset - tried it again - no joy. 

Any hints/tips out there?

• Having similar issues with mine. When starting an activity, once it aquires GPS, and I press the button to start the activity, it completely crashes. After multiple attempts (and approx 1mile into my activity by this point) it finally worked.

Saw some users suggest it was to do with battery level below 50% (which is an issue in itself) so I charged mine to 100% and the same thing still happened.

Went into watch settings to try and search for any potential updates....when searching for WIFI, the same thing happened again. Crashed!! 

Have you had any luck getting any answers to your issue??

• Hi. I talked with support. Their "answer" to facilitate downloading of any update was to download garmin express to the PC and use that to upload any update. That answer was very poor - I mean that way works and I can update the watch - but it's a work around to getting any update as opposed to answering the question as to why when you elect to update via wifi the watch chooses to crash. 

It's not a watch/software I bought and the claimed functionality does not work. I will be thinking seriously about whether to choose another garmin in future.