This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 Battery Drain

I’m on SW 7.8 and have noticed bad battery life over the past few weeks.  

I’m suddenly down to ~70% drop in less than 2 days and sometimes the battery will drop 30% in just a couple of hours and then level off.  

Charging also seems way too fast, which makes me wonder if battery capacity is bad. 

Battery drop with GPS activities seems normal.  It’s outside of activities where it goes quickly.

Any advice?

• This is still on-going

• Same issue with mine.

Just went from 24% to 0% in less than 7 hours.

Has been happening since April 9th, when it went from 15% to 0% within 2 hours while I was asleep. Since then one full charge only lasts an absolute maximum of 3 days, before April 9th it reliably lasted 5 days.

SPO2 measurements are switched off, always has been. GPS only active during manually started activities. No settings have been altered compared to "before the problems", watch-face is "Clear & Powerful", which I've been using since roughly day 1.

Interestingly the issue appeared exactly 2 years and 5 days after I started the device for the first time.

• My watch is doing the same thing - all of a sudden I can lose 20% in an hour not using GPS or music just normal wear. No pulse OX.

2.5 years old is the battery stuffed?

• all good now - a soft reset cleared the problem and battery is back to normal.