This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How long does your vivo-battery last after 2+ years of use ? (out of warranty)

When I bought this watch, I noticed that the battery could last up to 5 days.

After 2 years of daily use, this watch lasts 3 days (90%)

I also wanted to ask one more thing:

The battery discharge from 100% to 75% is very fast (3 hours)

while from 75% to 50% is slower (24 hours)

why?

(IQ-APP is SHN Battery)

• I'm at about 1-1/2 years on my Vivoactive 4 and I only get about 4 days on a charge (I usually start a charge at about 20%), but I have noticed that once they got the sofware battery bugs fixed, I'm not seeing anywhere near advertised battery life. Never did from day 1.

I usually get 3 GPS activities (1 hr each) a week, during the Summer, and at least 2 activities (40 min each) a day. During the Winter I get 0 GPS activities and probably 3 activites (35-45 minutes) a day. Battery life doesn't seem to have changed much - YET.

• I agree! The battery should last 8 days but lasted about 5 days (for two years) from the first day of purchase and for the following 2 years. Now that the watch is out of warranty it only lasts 3 days (with oximeter off).

• yesterday I charged the watch while it was at 50% and today it took 24 hours to discharge from 100% to 75%. I don't understand this battery of mine.

• I have had mine since they were first released and since day 1 never got better than 4.5 days even with some features turned off and not using GPS. I rarely now use GPS and my long-term average (battery tracker installed years ago) is about 1% per hour, or just under 24% per day. I have to charge it every third day or it can run out before I get a chance on the fourth day. 7 or 8 days was definitely approaching on false advertising IMO and I will take any battery life claims with a grain of salt in the future. 

• I still log this issue.
    The battery discharges very quickly from 100% to 75% (in two hours)

from 75% to 50% in 2 days.
    From 50% to 10% in 2 days
    from 10% to 5% in 1 day.

why does he behave like this?

• My Vivoactive 4 battery goes from 100% off the charger to 92% in less than 2 hours jjust sitting on the table, no sensors flashing, nothing. Mines almost 2 years old.

• ok, but the software should calibrate the battery time evenly.
    This rapid discharge in the first ten units is a flaw that should be corrected.

• Now I will try this app that contains a battery discharge graph:

https://apps.garmin.com/it-IT/apps/1643a8ec-cc25-4757-9c1e-31b9211b47a3

anyone who wants to try it, then we will compare the graph data.

• No thanks, I don't need another app running down my battery. It is what it is....