This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone else gets very often "Transfer Failed" with WiFi?

Synchronising with WiFi, seems to upload normaly, nothing missing.

But very often: "Transfer Failed" shown on watch. Anyone else with same problem?

• since then it takes longer and longer for my watch to get gps connection when i start an activity.

I had this issue when I went a few weeks without syncing my watch (via Bluetooth) with the Garmin Connect app.

The watch receives periodic updates to satellite positions (every 3-14 days I think) that allow it to lock on to the signals quickly.

I suspect that whatever is causing the failed WiFi syncing also causes the GPS updates to not be received by the watch, so try going through your Bluetooth connection every few days until Garmin fixes the WiFi issue.

• Thank you. Your issue has been reported. Any additional information that is needed by our engineers will be directed to you via email through Garmin Support and not through this Forums channel.

• 1) Yes 2) Yes 3) Norway 4) Yes
    Didn't take a new picture of the error message, since VenuMenu already added an even nicer screenshot of it.

• I found if you power off the watch and then the bluetooth!  Power on watch and bluetooth back on connect does like a soft sync reset

• Same problem with my watch, but in my case, the running data has been uploaded to garmin connect but no idea why it reads transfer failed.

The second issue I have noticed is that the gps is getting inaccurate after last update. Even I do run in the same place same distance,the results are from 9.4k to 11k, which usually 10-10.5k in the past

• Did you find receive any update on this? 

• I was asked for further information, but have not heard back after that. 

• 13 October 2022 - no resolution or update for me either.

• 24 October 2022 - Success: no more "transfer failed" when syncing via WiFi thanks to the beta program's 7.40 software update (might require invitation?).

Details: I received an email today from Product Support asking me to enroll in the beta software program and install beta software version 7.40. I joined the program via my watch's main profile page on connect.garmin.com, updated the software from the watch itself, waited for it to install and restart on its own, then tested WiFi syncing before and after a new activity. No more error message. :-)

• I didn't get an invite, maybe because my wife has taken over my VA4S. I now have a Forerunner 255 Music, which also has no "transfer failed" when syncing by WiFi.