This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Find my phone rings headset instead of phone

This is a suggestion about making Find My Phone feature actually useful.

Scenario:

• Quite often I want to find my phone when I'm using or was using bluetooth headphones, and headphones are still connected to the phone.
  • So I press Find My Phone on watch, the Connect App correctly rings, but it rings the headphones instead of the phone itself, making it useless in locating the phone.
  • Best case, I've headphones on me, I have to turn them off, and use Find My Phone again - this time the phone rings, and I can find it.
  • Worst case, the headphones are somewhere with the phone, I don't know where and cannot turn them off. Now the Find My Phone is totally useless as nobody can hear it ring.

Can Garmin fix it, and make Find My Phone always ring the phone itself, instead of connected headphones?

I'm using Android if this matters.

• Sounds like everything is working correctly.

If headphones are connected to phone all notification sounds will go to headphones.

• "Working correctly" in the sense that Connect App designers did not think about this scenario, the app does not do anything special, and the Android default behavior is to route sound to headphones, which is what we see? Yes, the Android works correctly Slight smile

But the App's behavior is obviously undesirable, incorrect, and the App has full ability to fix it.

E.g. Tile App does it right, and rings both headphones and the phone itself, so I can find the phone using my Tile, regardless of whether it is linked to bluetooth headphones. Garmin Connect does incorrect thing in exactly the same scenario with the same headphones.

There is nothing "correct" about lack of proper design that leaves things to their default in Garmin Connect, when they can do the right thing like what the Tile App did.

• Hi

Did you find a solution? I have the same issue.

• This is definitely not "correct". It may be the way it was designed, but as the OP said, other apps do it correctly. Tile app and there's also Sleep As Android which rings on both your Bluetooth device and the phone speakers.

• Yep, the behavior is quite poor. I'm using FitBit more right now. It sometimes has connection issues, but when it rings - it does it correctly, ringing the phone even if it is connected to the headset.