Sleep Score on Vivoactive 4s

My boyfriend has a different model Garmin watch and he has a sleep score in the menu on the connect app. Is there a way to get my sleep score on the Vivoactive 4S?

• Not in the current firmware. This was a firmware update for some of the high end watches, but garmin have not announced that it will be coming to the VA4.

• I doubt this will ever happen on original Venu or Vivoactive 4, there was a thread in Venu forum where a lot of people asked for this but Garmin representative told that after consideration they are not going to implement this feature.

Soon after Venu 2 was announced which has that score from the beginning. So if you want to have it, the most affordable way is to get Venu 2 but of course there will be no MIP display.

• I was about to ask the same... I have a vivoactive 4 and has been looking for sleep score. Sort of disappointing that it is not available... I came from small fitbit watch which has that feature so was expecting more from garmin. 

• what i say below is relevant to VA4 as well.

Reminder that the only reason Garmin Venu doesn't have sleep widget is for selling more devices

Reminder that the Garmin Venu was released in September 2019 at a price of 350 USD. Reminder that the forerunner 245 got the on-device sleep widget even though it was marketed as a running device, and the Venu was marketed as a health and lifestyle device, and also that the forerunner 245 was released at 300 USD.  Reminder that the Vivomove Style was also released in September 2019 at 300 USD. Reminder that shortly after the forerunner 245 got their sleep widget, the Venu 2 released, shutting down any discussion of bringing the sleep widget to the original Venu, because if you wanted that feature, you might as well go buy a new device. I have no qualms with the fenix series of the same product generation also getting the sleep widget, given that they cost 2 to 3 times as much, and are supposed to be the flagship models. What really is funny is when cheaper devices like the FR245 (not even marketed towards health and wellness) got the sleep widget and the Venu did not. Of course, Garmin needed new features to put in the Venu 2 , and if they added native sleep widget to the original venu, it would have cannibalized sales...

Now, the Vivomove Trend has been released in February 2023. We also see that in the Vivomove Style/Luxe forums, they got an update that brought native sleep tracking to it, 3.5 years after their release. I bet Garmin would have loved to not give them the feature, but they weren't planning to make  Vivomove Luxe 2 yet, and the Style/Luxe firmware is too intertwined. 

Also keep in mind the Vivomove Sport was released in January 2022 for a price of 180 USD, and came with the sleep widget. Keep note, any forum perusers, this is Garmin's business model: sell more hardware.

Now I have a Fenix 6 series, but I used to have a Venu and got sucked into feature creep. Once fruit-brand can prove their worthiness in the battery life department, it's game over. Because i know fruit-brand actually gives feature updates to their devices even half a decade later, like they have for my phone which they supported with FEATURE updates (Not just security updates) for over 6 years. This is the case with fruit brand watches as well.

• You're right, but guess they do need a business model to flourish.

I got too fed up with unreliable sleep metrics in Garmin VA4 and other nonsense, so I'm switching to that fruit brand ;-)

• And the Vivosmart 5 has sleep score, at half the cost of a Vivoactive 4 (new prices). But of course, the Vivosmart 5 does not have the richness of activitiy screens compared to the Vivoactive 4.

From what I see of the Vivoactive 4's sleep data, the score would be useless, The whole concept of sleep data/score doesn't make sense.

• It's not just sleep score. The Vivoactive 4 tracks more data below the surface than what is accessible via Garmin Connect. Just take it for a run and look in the FIT file or sync it to Runalyze and you will see metrics like Training Effect and Recovery Time...

Just to make you buy different hardware...

• 100%. Exact same here.  Except VERY disappointed. SLeep is my #1 thing to track. Could not believe that for $200 watch I can't get a freakin' simple single number sleep score.  My $75 Fitbit gives me one for goodness sake! I love most everything else about the Vivoactive 4s and am trying to decide if it's worth forking over another $100 for the Venu (when I dont even WANT an AMOLED color screen) just to get a sleep score (and hiking would be nice too, but i was able to get Hike2 app for Vivoactive so even tho that also seems nuts that they include SUP and snowboarding but not hiking, I was able to fix it).  Seems cheesy and chintzy that Garmin cant give Vivoactive users a sleep score. It's one #. Only reason to withholdit is to force an upgrade. I feel manipulated by them with this.

• Noooo don’t go to the dark side of fruit band watch bro 

• Same here, how is that possible! It has all kind of information about sleeping movement, heart rate, pulse ox ecc.... How is that even possible!!!

That's a marketing strategy!