This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tennis tracking

Dear garmin, is there any plan to add Tennis to the activities? I can't believe that it is not there!

• Tennis is there, but you will need a watch that supports it. Forerunner 745 and 945 got it.  Fenix 6 also got it. Maybe some more.
    It is unlikely that older or less advanced watches will get Tennis.

You can track it as any other activity and then change to Tennis in Garmin Connect after save and sync.

• Thanks for the reply. I am using Vivoactive 4 and i would expect it to be an advanced watch. Anyway, seems many people have the same issue and request. Hope they will bring the app also to vivoactive series. Thanks again.

• You would think a basic feature like this would be uniform across all the models.  What's it take to make Tennis available along with the other activities, really?  C'mon Garmin

• Old watches will not get new activity types. Only the latest will. Old watches will only get necessary updates like bug fixes and Connect IQ compatibility.

Like my FR945. It is still the flag ship model of Forerunners so it will get all new updates, but soon there is a FR955 released and the FR945 will probably not get that many more new functions and activity types.

There is also a segmentation in functionality. Watches that are not that advanced (like Vivo models) will not get many new functions. Probably because the hardware doesn't support it or that the cheaper watches shouldn't have all functions. That drives the customers to buy more advanced and more expensive watches.

• It seemed like I would start a walk on my vivoactive 4 and then later I thought I change my walk to tennis on Garmin Connect. But now it seems tennis is not even on Garmin Connect anymore. And I wish tennis would be better listed as singles, doubles, or wheelchair. Although someone mentioned you can create a custom 'tennis' activity.

• You are right. My farming was purchased Oct 2021 and came w tennis installed as an activity but vanished w update which is very dismal