This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BETA - vivoactive 4/4s SW 6.42 is available

Download - vivoactive 4

Download - vivoactive 4s

Notes:

• Please provide feedback to [email protected]
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 6.40 to 6.42:

• Fixed an issue where brightness could not be lowered below 10%
  • Fixed an issue with lower than expected average cadence
  • Fixed an issue where music could start over after reconnecting headphones
  • Improved bluetooth connectivity
  • Fixed a bug where an emergency contact's name wouldn't update
  • Fixed a scenario where a Connect IQ watch face would fail to start
  • Extract the file to another location first (Desktop for example) then copy/paste the file from that location to the Garmin folder on the watch. It may also help to open the Garmin folder first before you copy the file there.

•  and  I thank you both for quick fix of this issue. This was my first beta update which I tried to install so next experience for me :-)

So after few days of testing this beta update I am writing my one finding which I found when I was using this beta update and control brightness from shortcut. Brightness up and down is working fine, but when I reach 0% of brightness and next tap on lower semicircle it is switched to 100%. Vice versa it is not working - when I am on 100% of brightness and tap on upper semicircle it does not go do 0%.

I think this is little bug which can be fixed in the next stable version of FW. Just to be sure, I wanted to let you know. 

• My software updated yesterday and since then the GPS won't connect so I can't record any activities. The backlight also won't turn on at the first touch - takes a few tries. Can you help as this is really annoying.

•  

This was working so well for me, but then overnight it looks like the battery drained again.

I had the backlight turned on in settings, but set to 0%. Battery drained to 18% from almost full.

SW Version: 6.42
    Uptime: 22:06.00
    Backlight on: 0:18.00
    GPS: 0:14.00
    OHR Scan: 0:00.00
    ANT Scan: 0:41.00
    BLE Scan: 0:41.00
    WiFi Active: 0:00.00
    GCM: 21:37.42
    TSC Low Power: 22:02:24
    Headphones: 0:00.00
    Pulse Ox: 0:00.00
    Activity recording: 0:00.00
    Video playback: 0:05.00
    Wrist detect: 22:09.00
    Vib count: 6
    Assert count: 5
    NFC on: 0:01.00
    Native Watch Face: 0:00.00
    TVM Watch Face: 22:03.19
    BTM Fast Interval: 15:56.00

• My watch is turning off when I start the oximeter.

• My watch is turning off when I start the oximeter.

must be something wrong with your watch I guess, because I just tested PulseOX with the latest firmware and there are no issues. So your best bet is possibly trying to do the hard reset or just contact the support which probably would advise you to do the same prior taking futher actions.