This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does Vivoactive support Swim drill logging tracking?

When swimming we often do drills (only legs, only one arm, ...) and of course the watch won't be able to know since it can only pick one arm movement. What most swim watches do (like Garmin Swim 2) is they allow the user to manually enter the drill log by marking the start time and end time and then entering the distance covered.

- Can Vivoactive do this too?

Here what Swim 2 does:
www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-A28AE3E4-89B3-41A1-92D5-DAD392C0D5F5.html

• Hello .  Unfortunately, the Vivoactive 4 series does not support the drill logging feature.

• Oh... those are really bad news. Then it's a big no go for me. But thank you for your answer.

It's hard to understand how can a watch with a pool swim profile not support drills! No swimmer will accept that. 
    And it's so easy to implement, only software.

Well, thank goodness I asked before buying :) 

• Happy to help.  The Drill Logging feature is included in our Running/Multisport watches, rather than our Lifestyle/Wellness watches like the Vivoactive 4.  The "Compare" tool on our website is a great way to see what features are included on up to 4 watches at a time.  See the screenshot below (and link) for a comparison I pulled up.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/catalog/product/compareResult.ep?compareProduct=665374&compareProduct=628939&compareProduct=643382&compareProduct=707538

• Sadly, I don't even find the Garmin website for these products up to date...for example a lot of these watches now support autorest for Swimming, but the compare tool you gave shows only the Swim 2. Same thing with other features. And as soon as you remove a watch from this compare it doesn't work for showing only differences. And I see no way to add other watches without starting over again. So old/incomplete data and a compare tool that either doesn't work when removing, or isn't easy because it makes you start all over again?

• It's hard to trust such tables because as some other users already pointed sometimes there are firmware updates that bring new capabilities and the tables aren't updated.
    This is the kind of feature every watch could have (drill logging). It's just software. No sensor required. That's why I was expecting it to be available on all watches including the VivoActive 4 which is more recent than some of the others.
    It means that to get that feature we must pick a watch released more than 2 years ago that can be replaced by another model anytime soon :( 

• Sadly this lack of updating the website with features, so me having to dig through youtube reviews of the watches to find out what was actually added later on with firmware/software updates, along with not including features on watches with it's newest hardware (including most importantly the Elevate v4) and no idea when a Fenix 7 will come out, or if a VivoActive 5 will include anything beyond a Venu 2 has led me to just stick in the FitBit ecosystem for now. Picked up a FitBit Luxe for $100 which is know will at least have good HR and great sleep tracking. What I really want is an Elevate v4 Garmin watch with FirstBeat Analytics and Load, Training Effect, etc, etc...

Garmin management needs to get there stuff together, they don't need 40 damn watches. No reason the Venu 2 could not handle almost anything the 2 year old Fenix 6 could handle. All these different firmware/software versions are going to ruin development teams.

• The Forerunner 945 LTE has new internals and is actually a all new watch...no idea why they kept the 945 name, it has newer hardware like the Venu 2. Just odd, almost shady feeling marketing if you ask me on that one. It doesn't have a touchscreen though if that's what you were looking for. VivoActive 4 is actually also a 2 year old watch.

• No drill feature in Venue 2. It makes me really angry.

It's really no effort for Garmin to include that feature. The Venue 2 is one of the most expensive watch of the line, it should include it.

• I gave up on Venu and Vivoactive and bought Forerunner 245 Music. I'm very pleased.
    It's not the most beautiful watch nor the most recent but gets the job done.