This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 backlight won't turn off/time out

Seems to be after the recent update, backlight will not turn off/time out automatically, I have checked all settings several times (timeout is set to short).

Any help much appreciated.

• I had very similar issue once after upgrading to Beta 6.03(I believe), I could turn off backlight by turning it off in settings to 0% but if I return it to 10% it would light eternally so I had to turn off the watch and turn it back again and it fixed the issue for me. At least it never re-appeared for me.

You may want to contact Garmin support with the issue as they asked me about it during my bug report to Beta Development team but I couldn't provide much details unfortunately as it only happened to me once.

• Thank you! Restart seems to be working so far, fingers crossed it keeps working.

• Thank you! Restart seems to be working so far, fingers crossed it keeps working.

I'm glad to hear that it worked for you.

Do you know what were you doing when this problem emerged?

• I have the same issue.  Although worked fine after hard reset, the issue returned back after a day. 

Any other suggestions? 

• I had the same issue. After speaking to Garmin they had me reset the watch keeping user settings (settings, system, reset, reset default settings). After doing this it’s worked fine for four days. The previously suggested hard reset only worked temporarily. 

• A few days later it still seems to be working.

I can't remember I was doing anything in particular, though I did notice it the day I did the update. To be honest it wasn't until night came that I actually noticed the backlight wasn't dimming. I only have it at 10%, and as I'd only had the watch a couple of days, nothing seemed out of the ordinary as it was still so new anyway.

• I have the same problem since this morning. I'm trying a reset to see if it will help...

• I wonder if you upgraded your watch to the newest firmware 6.20 which was released yesterday?

• I checked the firmware and I'm still on 6.10. The reset helped and the backlight turns off now. I hope that the glitch doesn't come back...

• maybe it worth to upgrade to the new one to see if it behaves any different?
    Myself I didn't experience this issue anymore, otherwise I'd try to document it better and send my findings to Garmin support and share in here.