This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Terminals not accepting Garmin Pay

Hello!

I've activated Garmin Pay on my Vivoactive 4 and added a Mastercard that I have through a bank that supports Garmin Pay.

At several times in different stores (big ones and I live near civilization) I've tried to pay using my Vivoactive to pay by using the widget and entering the code, and every time when I bring my watch to the terminal the terminal display says that they don't accept that form of payment. I've then proceeded to pay with the same card using contactless payment,

To sum it up:

1) I've activated pay through the Garmin app and on the watch

2) My bank accepts GP

3) The stores are using contactless payment

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Has anyone encountered anything similar and solved it?

• Probably nothing wrong.  Some terminals just don't accept Garmin Pay.  Even if they support things like Apple Pay or Android pay.

My local food store for example.

Have you found any place it does work?

The hard part is finding someone in the store that knows if it should work.

(Been using GP since it first came out on watches and learned where it works and doesn't - I'm in the US).

• None so far, from about four quite sizeable stores (comparable to Home Depot and Costco in the US). Seems weird that they wouldn't accept it, but I guess I should keep trying. I'm in Sweden, perhaps the smartwatch integration into society just haven't gotten that far over here.

• I am in Norway, and I have connected my Garmin to a VISA card. I pay almost everything with my watch, but I have found a few places where it doesn't work. It seems to work well over 90 percent of the places I have tested.