This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive4s and Venu : what can you do for calls & texts if you have an iphone?

Hello,

I am about to order a Garmin trying to figure out about if you can respond to a text message with one of the pre-made responses if you have an iPhone, or if you can really only read it and you would need an Android for a quick reply? Also, are you able to pick up a phone call and use airpods to talk with an iPhone or again is that only limited to Android users?

Thank you!

• Quick reply is Android only.

Answering a call is literally the same as doing it on your phone, as long as your earbuds are connected to the phone you should be able to click answer on the watch. But that’s something to can do through the headphones already anyways.

•  I am about to order a Garmin trying to figure out about if you can respond to a text message with one of the pre-made responses if you have an iPhone, or if you can really only read it and you would need an Android for a quick reply? Also, are you able to pick up a phone call and use airpods to talk with an iPhone or again is that only limited to Android users?

iOS devices do not allow our watches to send text response from the watch, is correct.  To add on to what they are saying about what you will hear on the headphones, the headphone compatibility between your watch and the headphones will dictate what you can "hear" when you answer a call with the watch.  Most headphones will only be able to connect to either your watch OR your phone at any one time, but not both.

• I have just bought a watch and can listen to music on my earbuds but I cannot answer the phone or speak. Should I be able to use the phone through my earbuds? If so, do you have any suggestions for rectifying this or switching in features to activate this feature? I should add that I use an iphone.