This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch switches off during activity

Month old watch, when I am exercising the watch switches off, no pattern what so ever. I switched it to the other hand in case it was catching the power off button, but no joy.

Its VERY frustrating as again this morning it switched off and I didn't realise so only captured 1/2 of the run.

Any help appreciated.

• Month old watch, when I am exercising the watch switches off, no pattern what so ever. I switched it to the other hand in case it was catching the power off button, but no joy.

Its VERY frustrating as again this morning it switched off and I didn't realise so only captured 1/2 of the run.

Any help appreciated.

Hello! Does this happen in any activity profile and does it only happen if you are inside an activity? Does it switch off and then restart on it's own? Or does it stay off completely? Do you have any Connect IQ content downloaded onto the watch?

• Hi. Thanks for the reply.

It has happened now in 2 of the 4 activity profiles, running and walking.

I've used rowing and weight training and there was no issue.

I have the vivoactive 3 previously and there was no issues.

It only happens during the activity.

It only switches off. If I don't notice it then I'll miss part of the run for example as what happened yesterday. I have to manually restart it then.

Not sure what you mean content? As in watch faces? I have watch faces but nothing else but I THINK I had the issue before I downloaded them.

Thank you.

• Hi. Thanks for the reply.

It has happened now in 2 of the 4 activity profiles, running and walking.

I've used rowing and weight training and there was no issue.

I have the vivoactive 3 previously and there was no issues.

It only happens during the activity.

It only switches off. If I don't notice it then I'll miss part of the run for example as what happened yesterday. I have to manually restart it then.

Not sure what you mean content? As in watch faces? I have watch faces but nothing else but I THINK I had the issue before I downloaded them.

Thank you.

Okay, that definitely should not be happening. Can you let me know what software version the watch is on? As a last resort can I have you restore to defaults on the watch and see if this issue happens again? If it does, please let me know. 

• Software is up to date — Version 5.60.0.0
    • Synced Friday, 16 Apr at 8:09 AM
    • Serial Number: 5ZN187490

Do you want me to reset the watch totally?

• Software is up to date — Version 5.60.0.0
    • Synced Friday, 16 Apr at 8:09 AM
    • Serial Number: 5ZN187490

Do you want me to reset the watch totally?

Yes please, Menu>Settings>System>Reset>Delete Data and Reset Settings.

• I did reset and I went for a run.

It shut off around 9 min in, I restarted the watch, resumed the activity and it turned off again after 15 minutes again.

I restarted it and resumed again and it didn't turn off for the rest of the 50 minutes run. 

Any other suggestions?

• I did reset and I went for a run.

It shut off around 9 min in, I restarted the watch, resumed the activity and it turned off again after 15 minutes again.

I restarted it and resumed again and it didn't turn off for the rest of the 50 minutes run. 

Any other suggestions?

Okay, can you let me know where you are located?

• Hi 

I'm based in Co Mayo in Ireland.

Did the same thing again today. 11mins off, on again, off again 12.5 mins, on again off again after another 5 mins.

• Hi 

I'm based in Co Mayo in Ireland.

Did the same thing again today. 11mins off, on again, off again 12.5 mins, on again off again after another 5 mins.

Okay, I have sent you an email!

• Did you manage to find a solution for this? I've been having the same issue with my watch recently. Any help would be appreciated.