This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4/4S 5.73 Beta Discussion

5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE_570.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE_570.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.

Is this a mistake, should it be revert to 5.60, or a new 5.70?

Last stable release update is 5.60.

Top Replies

All Replies

• This is mistake, I think. And not only one :-) In title there is 5.73 beta version, but in description Garmin writing about version 5.70. After instalation beta sw version says 5.70. You are right that last public release for VA4 is really 5.60. Fortunately - it seems to be only mess in description, Functionally I can't see any issue, everything looks fine. Previously I didn't have described issues on my watch, so I can't say if it was corrected by this beta.

• Guys, you are crazy installing beta Garmin beta versions!!

I thing what they call stable are really the beta versions (or at least release candidates), and this they call "beta" are really alpha ones!!

Good luck!

• Guys, you are crazy installing beta Garmin beta versions!!

Hence the warning...

Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
  • Yes, sometimes it looks like that Slight smile But we like  testing the newest versions, we always hope that we will find some new interesting functions earlier than others Joy

• I agree. Grin

I apply for beta versions for many android and windows apps.

But Garmin I'm afraid. Always too buggy.

• Can someone share their experience with the 5.73 update? Any noticeable changes?

• Yes. A few days ago I bought vivoactive 4. After pairing with garmin connect, everything seemed to be fine. After starting the activity log, everything is also fine. After stopping the activity, however, everything reset and got stuck. The next day, my daily counters did not reset. This was followed by several restarts and factory reset. The problem persisted. I was decided for a complaint. That was with version 5.60. Then I tried to load the firmware 5.73 beta. It worked and now everything works as it should. So the new firmware 5.73 beta helped solve one problem.

• The step detection is not fixed. When walking I'm still seeing inappropriate pauses detected. I was hoping from the log this was being fixed, but they are not there on this yet. Otherwise all looks good, and I think I am seeing a slight benefit on battery life. 

• Yup, step counting still not working on a walk. Today walked exactly 6km, no GPS but step length set appropriately, and it recorded a walk of 2.7km. Needs work guys! 

• I think step counting is working very well for most Vivoactive users. For me, it is very reliable. Mine counts steps even when I carry something, and can't swing my arm like normal walking.