This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Body Battery and Stress Level issues since updating to 5.60

Hello folks - Is anyone else having similar issues since updating to SW v 5.60?

My body battery won't charge and actually depleted overnight, while my stress levels don't show a state of rest during sleep. I've had the Vivoactive 4s for three weeks and and have been plagued with battery drain issues and now this. 

• I goy 5.60 update last night and body batter works for me, but now I have big battery drain that I did not have before.

• I am having the same issue since the software update. My stress levels are high at night as well as during the day and my body battery isn't charging.  When I woke up this morning my body battery was 0 and it charged 0. How can that be? 

• I am having the same issue since the software update. My stress levels are high at night as well as during the day and my body battery isn't charging.  When I woke up this morning my body battery was 0 and it charged 0. How can that be? 

Hello! Could I have you try to perform a hard reset on the device (Press and hold the top right button till the screen goes blank, ignoring the power off and assistance. Then let the device sit off for a minute and turn it back on) and let's see if it starts to record normally again.

• I have found that powering off my Vivoactive 4 and powering it on by inserting the charging cable, that I do daily now (for my morning charge), has solved all body battery problems, and given me accurate body battery readings that correspond to my sleep activity, and works very well to show the quality of my sleep or rest. Garmin support has not given me any indication that they are on top of the problem or a fix, that I believe is in caching the algorithms being used, but turning off the watch and powering it up daily seems to work as a temporary fix.

• I am also having trouble with my stress levels/body battery since the latest Garmin update.  On 9 hours of sleep, it is only showing 2 hours of rest on the stress chart and my body battery is not charging at all.  I'm glad to know that I am not the only one having this problem because Garmin Customer Service told me that it was just me and that there were no issues with the stress/body battery with the new update.  Any advice?

• I am also having this issue since the March 2021 update.  The stress level is always high now and, consequently, body battery never recharges.  I really do not want to hard reset because it will take too long to set everything up the way I had it before.

It has been over 2 months and one or two updates since then, and the issue has not been fixed.

• I have the same issue with my Lily. Is there any help here??

• Hi Isabella,

we have thevery same problem here. I bought a Vivomove Style for my wife, and her body battery is stuck at 5; will not charge at all during nights. If she resets her watch, the body battery will be up again, but after just one day, it's down at 5, and will not move.

Her stress level is measured as very high; same graph as above, and heart rate is also measured around 70-80 durting night time.

Is there any fix for this behavior?

• You are correct that the issue appears to have started in March, 2021.

Maybe they improved the feature and are warning me that I am extremely unfit and on the verge of death now. I feel that way, much of the time, at least.

• All-  If you are experiencing this issue after updating your watch to the most recent firmware (6.30) and reviewing the FAQ below, please start a new thread.

Body Battery Frequently Asked Questions