This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Paused Rollout - vivoactive 4 Series- SW 5.30

There will be another update coming soon! 

Software version 5.30

Change Log:

• Added details page to last sport widgets
  • Added improvements for faster syncs with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved shortcut setup and interaction with the page
  • Fixed potential auto activity start false positives
  • Fixed issues with double swipes from the watch face
  • Removed golf course list timeout when starting golf activity
  • Fixed layout of the 'No Notifications' page
  • Added support for calibrating elevation from Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Updated stopwatch layout
  • Improved time to first GPS fix in certain conditions
  • Made general bug fixes for golf activities
  • Fixed body battery graph layout
  • Increased precision of weight in strength activities
  • Enabled app encryption for widgets and data fields
  • Improved translations
  • Fixed smart notification timeouts

Top Replies

All Replies

• I've reset my watch on both the 5.10 and 5.30 updates, using only stock watch face (digital, no second hand). The watch charges to 100% just fine, but the battery drain is horrendous.

• In my experience with Garmin support, one rarely gets more help than the proverbial low level canned answers like, "have you tried turning it off and on again" and "We haven't experienced any issues with our internal testing"

The most valuable part of this forum are its users and their experience to troubleshoot issues. Garmin's presence here is nothing more than window dressing, because as much as they say things, stuff doesn't get done. The perpetual apologising one gets from Garmin just feels like it devalues the meaning of being sorry.

Garmin really needs to get its house in order

• I have already tried this before when you advised to someone else here, and like many others, I have factory reset the device several times. Naturally there was no visible improvement.

• I got the information that 5.30 was withdrawn due to some bugs which became apparent after release. Garmin is in the process of fixing it.

• Good to know.

Looks like it is really hard for a Garmin representative to put an announcement on the topic that the rollout has been put on hold.

Don't  really have to state a reason, just a "Morons, don't wait, it is on hold because we say so!" style.

• The "Garmin representative" might be a robot.Wink

• Any update when next firmware that will fix the problem coming soon? I really want to buy the watch since it’s on Black Friday sale now, but don’t want to be disappointed again by the battery life...

• Honestly I wouldn't hold your breath. These battery issues have been going on for over 3 months with zero sense of urgency from Garmin.

• But we don't really know many users are affected by the battery issues. This forum is not really a good indicator, as people come here mostly to report issues. My VA4S running on 5.10-software does not have any battery issues.

• That could be true, but it isn't just the battery issue that is problematic, there are many more things that do not work as intended.