This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Paused Rollout - vivoactive 4 Series- SW 5.30

There will be another update coming soon! 

Software version 5.30

Change Log:

• Added details page to last sport widgets
  • Added improvements for faster syncs with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved shortcut setup and interaction with the page
  • Fixed potential auto activity start false positives
  • Fixed issues with double swipes from the watch face
  • Removed golf course list timeout when starting golf activity
  • Fixed layout of the 'No Notifications' page
  • Added support for calibrating elevation from Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Updated stopwatch layout
  • Improved time to first GPS fix in certain conditions
  • Made general bug fixes for golf activities
  • Fixed body battery graph layout
  • Increased precision of weight in strength activities
  • Enabled app encryption for widgets and data fields
  • Improved translations
  • Fixed smart notification timeouts

Top Replies

All Replies

• They probably stopped distributing it after receiving so many complaints. 

• Former Member it would be great if garmin representatives communicated more with us. That's why the forums are here, isn't it? Could you inform us what is the development with 5.30 or newer? My watch is still stuck at 5.10, battery life is terrible, sleep tracking is inacurate, GPS takes awfully long to fix, notifications are not working correctly... etc., etc. The watch is half-usable and is definitelly not what I was buying it for, just because of messed up software. Please fix this mess ASAP!

• Provide me with an email address and I'll send you a link with the updates. Don't get your hopes up for Garmin to provide much constructive help here. 

• Ma se mettono il GOLF come attività "sportiva" nel menu Garmin Connect, cosa ti aspetti dai tecnici Garmin ??? their understanding ?? Sweat smile

• Exactly, there could be activities like inline skating, hiking (ok, walking is fine) etc., but Garmin focuses on stupid golf... I would expect chess to arrive sooner than other ''rightful'' sports or a good software update... VA4 is my last Garmin watch I'm affraid, this hell lasts already for too long.

• XC Ski works fine for inline skating or roller skiiing. Once the activity is moved to Strava, I select a more appropriate activity type anyway.

• I think my watch has updated to GPS 4.80 three times now, but has yet to update to SW 5.30. Not sure what is going on.

• I think my watch has updated to GPS 4.80 three times now, but has yet to update to SW 5.30. Not sure what is going on.

I can at least think of two possibilities:

a) They've finally realized SW 5.30 causes a huge battery drain for a significant amount of users. They have stopped the rollout while trying to fix the drain issue before losing more customer base.

b) They are busy working on few golf activity bugfixes for an upcoming SW release.

I honestly don't know which scenario is more likely.

• Hello! I apologize for the frustration. We are still working to correct this. With the many issues the device is having can you do the following steps:

• Plug the device into the computer and sync with Garmin Express
    • Once it's finished, unplug the device 
    • Please reset the device to defaults
    • This will start the watch from new. Please go to watch settings, system then reset to defaults.
    • Clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol
    • Please charge fully through the computer
    • You will then need to remove the device from the app and Bluetooth then add it back to the Garmin app. 

Could you keep me updated in how the device is performing after 48 hours. 

• Do you really think that the battery-issue is just an problem of dirty contacts?

Crazy!

I got yesterday a refurbished VA4 because the Garmin service said, that the battery-issue is a issue of my watch.

Yesterday at 10pm 100%

24h later 30%

But with the 5.10, 5.30 has not yet been offered to my watch.

But the problem started with the 5.10, and with 5.21Beta there was no improvement .