This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Paused Rollout - vivoactive 4 Series- SW 5.30

There will be another update coming soon! 

Software version 5.30

Change Log:

• Added details page to last sport widgets
  • Added improvements for faster syncs with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved shortcut setup and interaction with the page
  • Fixed potential auto activity start false positives
  • Fixed issues with double swipes from the watch face
  • Removed golf course list timeout when starting golf activity
  • Fixed layout of the 'No Notifications' page
  • Added support for calibrating elevation from Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Updated stopwatch layout
  • Improved time to first GPS fix in certain conditions
  • Made general bug fixes for golf activities
  • Fixed body battery graph layout
  • Increased precision of weight in strength activities
  • Enabled app encryption for widgets and data fields
  • Improved translations
  • Fixed smart notification timeouts

Top Replies

All Replies

• My VA4S running on 5.10-software does not have any battery issues.

Yeah, my 4S on SW 5.21 beta is also holding up well. And battery was also solid on SW 5.10. Not sure if the big battery drain issues affect both VA4/VA4s equally. So many posts do not specify the model.

My main problem is the lack of feedback, info and transparency coming from Garmin. We are constantly promised information "as soon as possible" and then turns out that users themselves have to report the updates (like informing that the SW 5.30 rollout has been stopped).

• Following this steps fixed my battery drain problems. Thanks! 

• This fixed my battery drain problems. Thanks!

• I have followed the steps.

the battery went from 100% to 20% in 48h

i had then the "reset to defaults" after following the previous steps. i noticed the only watch face i had on my device, was still there. is this normal? to  me i would have expected that also the watch face to go to a default garmin watch face.

shall i had done "delete data and reset settings" instead?

regards

R

• You need to select  "Delete Data and Reset Settings"

This is the equivalent of a reset to factory settings. This should also restore all the default watch faces that some may tend to delete.

• Great to hear! Thank you for the feedback! 

• In my experience with Garmin support, one rarely gets more help than the proverbial low level canned answers like, "have you tried turning it off and on again" and "We haven't experienced any issues with our internal testing"

The most valuable part of this forum are its users and their experience to troubleshoot issues. Garmin's presence here is nothing more than window dressing, because as much as they say things, stuff doesn't get done. The perpetual apologising one gets from Garmin just feels like it devalues the meaning of being sorry.

Garmin really needs to get its house in order

Hi Martin! I am happy to help you directly to address any concerns you may have. Please let me know how I can help. 

• Honestly I wouldn't hold your breath. These battery issues have been going on for over 3 months with zero sense of urgency from Garmin.

Hello! I can assure you Garmin is doing there best to get this addressed immediately. I have also sent you a direct message! If you can reply so we can get this resolved.  

• My watch still says this update is not available, it has been 17 days.  How long does the rollout take?

•  why is the update rollout still stuck at 50%?

Hello, we are investigating a few internal concerns.