This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it a good option to change a VA4 for a FR645?

Hello, as the title says, is it a good option to change a Vivoactive 4 for a Forerunner 645?
I previously used a Vivoactive 3, and what I like the most about the Vivoactive 3/4, is the handling of touch navigation, which no other Garmin model has.
I never had a Forerunner (except my old FR305) and I wish I had the Training Effect, Lactate, etc. metrics that are only available with Forerunner models, and I also do not want to lose the barometer since I use it for daily raising and lowering of floors.
I have some concise questions

1. Is there much difference in optical heart rate monitors? I know the VA4 has the newer series of heart rate monitors that the FR245 has, so I think it might be wasting hardware.
  2. Same question regarding the GPS chip, is there much difference? I also know that the VA4 has the new series of GPS chip (hence its longer battery life).
  3. Someone went from a touch control to buttons? I know it is very subjective but I am afraid of not being able to adapt to change.

I do indoor and outdoor running and cycling activities and swimming in the pool.
I don't have the money to afford a Forerunner 935 or 945 in Argentina, so my only option would be to go for the FR645, or keep my VA4.
Thanks for the answers.
Greetings.