This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Improvement on Bluetooth - IOS Problem?

Former Member
Former Member

as other IOS users, i am having still trouble with Venu - iphone x bluetooth connection. as long as i am close to my iphone, connection is stable, but as soon as i am out of reach for some time and come back close to my iphone, garmin and iphone does not reconnect. Only manual connecting via iphone bluetooth settings menu or toggling iphone BT off/on resoves it

the day before yesterday i googled again for any solution hint and found an post in the garmin outdoor forum. Basic message there was: when connecting garmin with iphone initially, dont do this from iphone BT menu but only from garmin connect app.

so i gave it a try: went to iphone BT settings - set me venu in BT menu to "ignore this device" and toggled BT off and on again on iphone. => Venu was gone from the BT list. Suddenly, a popup from Garmin connect app (which was still running in background all time) was coming up to enter a BT code - i looked to the venu which display the code suddenly. i entered it and garmin and iphone did connect

And since then (around 36h by now) i have not had any BT reconnection problems. After an hours walk outside without iphone - reconnecting ok. After a night out of reach - reconnecting ok.

Its to early to say its resolved, but i  think by now its definetly an improvement in my case

I just wanted to share this with you as maybe it can help others too

Kudos to the guy from the other forum for the basic idea - unfortunately i cannot find the link to the post anymore.... Anyhow : thanky you !

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Update: after several days of use, no BT reconnection problem occurred again. Before I had to manually reconnect via iPhone BT menu several times a day. It seems that the sequence of the initial BT pairing was really the root cause for my problem