This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

5.10 No Notifications is ugly - BUT...

The size of the text font is larger than anywhere else on the watch.  And if it was centered on the screen it might be considered a good font to avoid needing the reading glasses for some folks. It would be good to be able to choose this font elsewhere on the watch. 

• I concurr. having to put on reading glasses to look ate the watch is a drag.

• That was part of my logic for getting the Vivoactive vs the Venu. From what I could see the Venu amoled is beautiful but the Vivo fonts look a little bigger.

• It should at least be centered vertically. Right now it seems awfully out of place. I would prefer the font to be a little smaller and more consistent with the rest of the UI. I can understand the argument about not needing reading glasses, but in this case an icon would be even easier to recognize.

• imho there should be two font options in the system settings. I personally like small fonts. The argument for large fonts is obviously also important, and like many devices, font size options are not unusual. Would be a great feature request.

• Exactly. Wear OS has an option to change the font size to small, medium, or large. I fear however that this would be difficult to implement on Garmin smartwatches. I'm no expert, but I remember reading somewhere that they are using bitmap fonts instead of true type.

I might be wrong, but Garmin's watch OS feels more like an embedded system with limited, very specific capabilities and less like a full-blown Linux-based system like Wear OS. Which is of course why it's so fast and offers great battery life compared to Wear OS, but I suspect it's also the reason why they can't implement or port new features to older watches without significant effort.