This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 (all versions) SW 5.10

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Improved sync speed with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved translations
  • Added access to detailed activity information from the Last Sport widgets
  • Various bug fixes for golf and club sensors
  • Increased maximum pool size
  • Improved CIQ Data Field power management and error handling
  • Fixed gesture handling for CIQ watch faces
  • Fixed handling of disabled cards in Garmin Pay
  • Improved NFC stability
  • Added a stopwatch reminder
  • Fixed rowing speed data field
  • Still only begining of second charging cycle after factory reset though

Are you able to compare consumption overnight before vs after?

• So you did both factory reset and roll back to 5.0?

I rolled back to 5.0. All my iQ apps and settings were still there,  although the watch is on 5.0. Thay is pretty weird. 

The overnight battery consumption is still 1.2%

• Interesting about your settings...

1.2%/h ?

This 5.1 update really has the potential to cause issues with older IQ apps. Any c0mments on battery consumption need to take into account a possible incompatibility with anything form the IQ app installed. That includes even Garmin's apps, like the Hydration widget.

• Hi Martin

Even more strange was that IQ apps were there but not detected by the iQ phone applications. 

Now I have uninstalled all those apps. Anyway I had few watch faces and 2 sports apps like bf hicker,  and a swim app. I have a calendar app and a battery monitor app.  I don't have hydration or other app from Garmin enabled, as far as I can see. 

I just put back the calendar and the battery monitor apps plus the watch face I liked. 

Rest is all the same. Let's see how it goes over the next day. 

I still wonder if I have to do a factory reset. 

Cheers

R.

• During first charging cycle after reset everything was normal, maybe even better battery life than before update to FW5.1. Like 0.5% all the time even with some GPS activity and almost no consumption over night. Like 3-4% over night.

With FW5.1 before factory reset, I had overnight battery consumption between 15-20%.

But recently it got a little bit worse, I am now at something like 0.7% per hour which is not bad, but not perfect...

• Hi, I must say far before this update I had a lot of problems with battery and ended up with stock watch without any IQ content and then installing IQ stuff one by one - I found that a lot of battery monitors actually increasing battery consumption so I ended up with manually writing battery consumption to excel sheet and never used any battery monitor since that time

• Hi. I understand the battery management app thing. On the other hand, I had it on, on the 5.0, and i got 0.6% / hour. So i expect to get back to the same ballpark figure now that i rolled back to 5.0

Cheers

R.

• Hello, Just curious, when you went to the stock watch, I'm assuming from a factory reset, how was your battery life? Are you on 5.1 now or 5.0? Even after adding IQ stuff one at a time, still doing OK? Sorry for all the questions. I just got the watch this week. It updated to 5.1 right away and battery life is awful. Thanks for the help!!

• I agree. Now battery drains from fully charged to 50% overnight. Worst thing happened last night. From 100% to 10% just in 10 hours. Any solution available?

• I have a VA4S watch that is a few months old. It is running 5.10, and I have not done any factory resets. I have bluetooth off, and pulse ox off. Very few IQ store additions. When I charge the watch, it will stay at 100 percent for some hours. The next morning it will typically be down to 97 percent or so. I only sync it a couple of times per day by wifi. I mainly drain the battery by doing GPS activities, so I need to charge a couple of times per week.