This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 (all versions) SW 5.10

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Improved sync speed with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved translations
  • Added access to detailed activity information from the Last Sport widgets
  • Various bug fixes for golf and club sensors
  • Increased maximum pool size
  • Improved CIQ Data Field power management and error handling
  • Fixed gesture handling for CIQ watch faces
  • Fixed handling of disabled cards in Garmin Pay
  • Improved NFC stability
  • Added a stopwatch reminder
  • Fixed rowing speed data field
  • I have 2 serious problems now:

• Battery life is halved, watch sometimes drains 50% overnight. (This is sad, after the previous update finally fixed the drain from data fields...)
    • Some watch faces that used to work are now constantly crashing with an IQ! screen.
  • My VA4 seems to be working fine after complete factory reset. (I didnt make downgrade so I am still at 5.1) I have installed some basic IQ stuff right after factory reset including datafileds (which used to be problematic) and my favourite watchface. It is almost complete day and I have lost 12% of battery, so it is about 0.6% per hour. (including 1 hour GPS tracking). This is similar like before update (maybe even little bit better, but sample size is still way too small)

Also notifications are working fine (but this was working for me prior to the factory reset also)

• M'y VA 4 works fine with Fw 5.1.

Hi - are you using an IQ face? 

• . It is almost complete day and I have lost 12% of battery,

Just to be sure - a complete day = 24 hours (with a sleep cycle)? I ask because many of us seem to experience the greatest (un-proportional) battery loss at night.

• Yes, it was the same for me before reset. After full factory reset it is now around 33 hours and two sleep cycles and I am at 0.5% per hour consumption.

And yes I am using IQ watchface, the same I used before the reset 

• But then why is the problem so pronounced at night?

• After Express copied the 5.1 update back into the Garmin folder, I copied it off, opened it in a basic text editor and cleared everything, then saved it back

I have also downleveled. Instead of clearing the gupdate file I renamed it to gupdate.sav. Will this cause any unintended issues?

• Since it's not named exactly as the update, Express or Connect app will probably re-download the GUPDATE.GCD

• Since it's not named exactly as the update, Express or Connect app will probably re-download the GUPDATE.GCD

Uhh Yup. It's back after connecting to Express. But I can't edit and save it - I get an error that it is a read only file.

• Copy the update file to the desktop, edit it, save it, copy back. That should work.