This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 (all versions) SW 5.10

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Improved sync speed with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved translations
  • Added access to detailed activity information from the Last Sport widgets
  • Various bug fixes for golf and club sensors
  • Increased maximum pool size
  • Improved CIQ Data Field power management and error handling
  • Fixed gesture handling for CIQ watch faces
  • Fixed handling of disabled cards in Garmin Pay
  • Improved NFC stability
  • Added a stopwatch reminder
  • Fixed rowing speed data field
  • Out of curiosity how have you got your notifications settings set up on the watch? For me The privacy setting for gesture and action were not working properly. Also, is there any difference between your Short Medium and Long time-out settings?

• I wouldn't expect much from Garmin over the phone besides canned responses, such as, have you tried turning it off and back on again... 

Remember, this is Garmin, with a poor reputation for software stability and also customer service. The only place I've heard good news from customer support is when it comes to replacing devices that aren't performing properly once a user has sent in the device for warrantee.

I mean seriously, Garmin can't even get it right to post a correct firmware update text in the Venu forum...

• In this forum, most people are here to post about problems and issues, and it seems like everything is hopeless. I am member of a huge triathlon forum on facebook, and sometimes Garmin is discussed, particularly when they had the ransomware issues. In that forum, it seems like 99 percent at super happy with Garmin products, and could not praise the customer service enough. 

Having had FitBit before, I see Garmin as a big step up when it comes to quality.

• well, glad your experience is better. It isn't here. 7 Garmin units in this household. 3 hardware failures within the first year. Various software issues. Most have software issues that don't have them working as advertised. etc.

Like I said, when things are in for warrantee, thats when I have a positive comment about Garmin actually delivering. Telephonic support or email support? LOL. What a joke. 

• it is of course true, people come here to discuss / solve issues so it looks like everyone here has a problem.

The thing is Garmin's approach. It is so much obvious that this product came to market half year sooner than it should. And wee all are beta testers now, it costed us quite some money and what is the worst - there is absolutely feedback to our opinions. There is so much great hints/ideas at this forum how to make watch better without any big effort, but absolutely no response. These watch are beautiful piece of hardware but this SW is alive on its own and barely breathing. When we finally get use to some behavior, new update comes and we can start all over again....

• I've just had a response from [email protected]...

On the one hand, I see a hint of positivity... a mention was made regarding the font and placement of the notification text, "...the "No Notification" screen will be addressed in our next maintenance release."

I made mention about the battery drain users here were experiencing. I would suggest those users who are experiencing this and are patient enough to delete all IQ related widgets, faces, apps, etc to still see if the drain is there. There should be some kind of logs available in the Device's Garmin folder, so perhaps its not such a bad idea to collect this data and send an email to the beta team.

I have also reported my issues with the notifications settings and the hydration widget... 

I'll ask them in the next email where in the device certain logs and crash reports are found and perhaps users can forward their issues in writing to the beta team and also supply the adequate crash reports and logs found on the device...

Also, I was told that Screenshots can be made by depressing both buttons A and B together... The screenshots can be retrieved from GARMIN/ScreenShot. I have yet to see this folder and have not tested this functionality.

• Thanks Martin! Delete all IQ related widgets, faces, apps, etc. - is it enough to just not use them? Or is delete truly needed.

• I would delete all IQ related stuff. It's just to prove there is a fundamental issue with the watch software/firmware and that it cannot be blamed on outside IQ developers. Garmin support will use this argument in their defence, and it's partly understandable. There are likely some IQ apps that can cause issues. 

• So I once more sacrificed hour of my life, made factory reset and deleted all data, also removed both COnnect apps from my phone. And then did all the install and setup again and fully charged it afterwards.. This was yesterday evening, now 13 hour later (including one 30 minutes bike ride with gps tracking) I am at 94% of battery. So it seems fine, but sample size is too small til now. So we will see

• Ok. Try adding back one thing at a time. I suspect the Bluetooth connection to the phone could contribute a lot of consumption if there is some issue there. Hope it works itself out!