This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Backlight doesn't turn on - either gesture nor tapping screen or press buttons

Hey,

two days ago I realized, that my VA 4S won't turn on the backlight. Pressing buttons and tapping/touching the screen won't do the trick. I tried to turn off the gesture setting, tried a factory reset, turning off and on again and plugging in USB. Nothing works, screen stays unilluminated.
Any experience with this issue so far and does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks a lot

• you haven't mentioned if you tried increasing the brightness... 

Hold the top button down until your control menu pops up, click the sun icon, tap the top half of the display to increase brightness. 
    If the display shows a change but no backlight comes on, then its probably broken...

• Sorry, yes, I tried that, too. I varied the brightness.

• The only thing I can think of is trying to reinstall the current software before contacting Garmin...

Garmin Web updater should be able to help with this... however, my version wasn't updated and couldn't recognise the device. I did update it and release notes stated it should work on these devices but I've not yet plugged my phone to the computer to verify this.

• nevermind. it solved itself...magically. Yesterday, after another reset and  three workouts during the day, I played with the settings, changed the watchface and suddenly the backlight went on.

• Well that totally worked for me thank you 

• Hi, today I'm having the same issue with my vivoactive 4. The backlight is not turning on.  I already tried factory reset, turning off, charge, increase bright and nothing happens. The first week I start using my smart watch I had the same issue but magically the backlight turned on. Now after 2 months I have again the same problem, anybody else with this case recently?

• A few weeks ago I had the same issue as I initially posted and you described recently. I didn't do anything and after two days or so the backlight came back. No resets this time, just normal usage and recharging. Wait, I connected it with my computer. Don't know if that does the trick.

But I assume this bug may come back any time :) and I don't like it.