This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HR chest strap and wireless ear buds

As I have appreciated other users feedback I thought I’d post my experience with the VA4s and devices that I’ve paired to it.

# Magene H64 chest HR monitor. - works fine and one of the cheaper options. Seems just as accurate/reliable as other chest straps I’ve used.

# I would also add that the VA4s optical HR is more reliable and accurate than my old Garmin vivosmartHR and Fitbit Charge 2 when doing exercise ie. at higher heart rate.

# Bauhn premium range true wireless earbuds model HE190044. Paired easily. Sound quality good with no crackling. Buds worked while within an activity. Volume control worked fine from watch.

# VA4s GPS works well (matches satellite image). Does go haywire when under shop awnings, etc (expected). Interestingly GPS tracked well while driving (sedan) when I accidentally forgot to stop  activity after a walk.

# VA4s walk & run distances match (+/-10m) a survey accurate 1000m baseline.

# As expected elevation data (barametric) is less reliable. Eg. Elevation differed by 20m after returning to same point after 4hr walk (had weather change). On a run along shoreline at high tide (actual elevation +1.0m) VA4s recorded -5m.

# For me the Pulse Ox has been a bit of nonity (always 90-100%) so have turned it off to improve battery. Other sensors are always on.

# Normally get 3 or 4 days battery life. With an activity and Garmin pay used every day, including at least one GPS activity between charges, but no notifications or music.

# Use Simple TDB watchface and watch battery monitor but no other 3rd party widgets.

SW v4.7; GPS v4.40; ANT/BT v5.04; Sensor v4.02