This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wildly inaccurate indoor track run and walk stats

The rainy season has hit us like a wet sack of bricks so I've had to start using the indoor track at the public gym. Just imagine my frustration when I saw how incredibly terribly my Vivoactive 4 did at recording it.

Now I understand that I'm no running machine, I run at a pace of about 5-6 minutes per kilometer (as recorded by my GPS runs, at least), but running indoors it showed my pace as anywhere between 10-20 minutes per kilometer! I start and end each run with a brisk walk at about 9 minutes per kilometer, but the watch insisted I was moving, again, anywhere between 10-20 minutes per! It's like it has absolutely no idea what I'm doing at all! The step counts seem normal and I'm not walking or running any differently than I would outside, so I have no idea why it's so inaccurate.

Is this something I just have to live with when it rains? I can't imagine how miserable this would be once it starts snowing...