This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help with Turbo Trainer

Hi, I am looking at buying the Wahoo Kickr Snap turbo trainer, I have a Vivoactive 4 plus Garmin speed/cadence sensor 2 bundle.

What I would like to do is record from the Vivoactive a 'Bike Indoor' activity which logs my heart rate (from the wrist sensor), speed/distance and cadence (from Garmin 2 sensors) AND my power data from the Wahoo Kickr Snap. So when I end the activity on the watch all that data is sent to Garmin Connect as a single activity.

Is this possible?

I have the speed/cadence sensors paired and working so currently an indoor ride sends: Speed, Distance, Cadence, Heart Rate, Time. I just need the power data to be added. If this can't be done using the Wahoo Kickr Snap can it be done with any other turbo trainers.

Thanks Paul,

• Hi, I am looking at buying the Wahoo Kickr Snap turbo trainer, I have a Vivoactive 4 plus Garmin speed/cadence sensor 2 bundle.

What I would like to do is record from the Vivoactive a 'Bike Indoor' activity which logs my heart rate (from the wrist sensor), speed/distance and cadence (from Garmin 2 sensors) AND my power data from the Wahoo Kickr Snap. So when I end the activity on the watch all that data is sent to Garmin Connect as a single activity.

Is this possible?

I have the speed/cadence sensors paired and working so currently an indoor ride sends: Speed, Distance, Cadence, Heart Rate, Time. I just need the power data to be added. If this can't be done using the Wahoo Kickr Snap can it be done with any other turbo trainers.

Thanks Paul,

• Vivoactive 4 doesn’t support power meters. To get cycling power data you you would need a Forerunner 945, Fenix or an Edge head unit.

Check the specs on Garmin.com you can find if the device is compatible with power meters.

• So if I upgrade to a fenix it can be paired with a wahoo snap turbo trainer?

• Well theoretically - yes. From what I found it supports both ANT+ and Bluetooth and Fenix supports power meters, so they should be compatible.