This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2 days max battery life, with NO EXTRAS!!! Faulty battery? (1 month since purchase)

Have been using the Vivoactive 4s for about a month now, and i am wandering if i should call the service for a warranty. Is my battery faulty? I have tried many different combinations of usage and their battery life. Using NO gps, NO pulse ox, about an hour or so of simple activities, NO extra widgets active except from a battery monitor, NO extra applications, just the default stuff, i can't seem to get more than 2 days of battery life from this watch. A battery monitor widget confirms for the long term. That's really not acceptable for a smartwatch, especially at this price. What do you think? All updates are of course installed. How many mahs is the battery on this watch?

• Try doing a hard reset and not installing or syncing anything. To check battery, just a make a note of the battery on your phone for couple of days. 

I have a fancy watch face, and use GPS+Spotify for 5k runs daily, and the battery goes around 1% per hour, so I recharge every 3-4 days.

Something like updating podcasts from Spotify really kills the battery though. 

• I am about to try it. 1%/h would be great. Currently my Battery Monitor widget tells me that long term i have 2.6%/h. It would be nice if there was a widget similar to what smartphones have, Battery performance, where it could tell you which features have used what percentage of battery since full charge. Any idea on the mah capacity in 4s?

• No idea, sorry.

But yes, 2.6 is quite high.. something is probably keeping the bluetooth connecting to the phone or even worse, the wifi..

I had that issue for a while and after the reset I dont have issues anymore.

There is also some posts comentinng to restart the watch (no need to full reset) go out and simulate go running until GPS is found and stop there.. but never got to try that

• So after the reset (deleting all data too?) did you continue using widgets, watch faces, apps that you used before, but without the drain?

And a default settings watch without data, will have all widgets, apps, settings, watch faces and their settings restored, once synced again to Garmin Connect or Garmin Express? Or one has to go through all these individually?

• I use Spotify, Rails watch face and My battery widget. I had like 5 different watch faces and even tried couple of "games". 

I have also disabled automatic app updates in Connect IQ, but I didn't problems with it before.

I feel like this is like old android phones, where you needed to troubleshoot every new app in search for the battery leak!! Joy 

• over the last few months i have had battery consumption around 0.5%/hour (with notifications, without pulseox). But since yesterday i have battery consumption around 2.6%/hour without any change of settings, without any installation/update and without activities

• I did a hard reset (without deleting all data) and then synced everything again. Watch faces settings, apps and activities settings and order, widget settings and order, did not sync, although the number of them did. So far it has been a day and consumption is 1.1%/h which is pretty good. I hope it stays that way! I mean 4 days will be a miracle for me at this point!

• Something I notice is that after 50% the progress seems worse, but I think is more psychological than anything 

• I also enabled "Connected Alerts" from settings and keep the watch unconnected (i wasn't using notifications anyway). But the alert (vibration) only occurs for Bluetooth, not for WiFi connection. I am mentioning this because another user mentioned a likely cause for the drain could be repeated attempts of the watch to connect to the phone via bluetooth or wifi..