This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Brand new Garmin Vivoactive 4 not connecting to GPS

My newly bought Garmin Vivoactive 4 is not connecting to GPS it is stuck on the record activity screen with the message "Wait for GPS".

it worked on the first day I got the watch but has not connected to GPS since which is very annoying as I only have the watch for a few days.

As suggested in other threads on the forum I have tried pairing it with the Garmin Connect App regularly, also I have tried resetting the watch back to factory settings.

The watch has full visibility of the sky when it is searching for GPS signal but still no connectivity.

What else can I try here? I am very frustrated and will be looking for a refund if this is not resolved.

SW Version: 4.70

GPS Version: 4.30

Current CPE Info: Current

• Same here. New VA4, got GPS signal only the first day. Tried GPS+Glonass, GPS+Galileo and plain GPS, did a full reset of the watch, left it outside for at least half an hour - but never saw GPS being connected again.

Went back to the store and had it swapped for another VA4. With my new device I have absolutely no problems, even when walking along tall buildings it picks up the signal in seconds. 

• You need to make sure the CPE is current in your watch. The easiest way to update GPS settings to Current is to sync with Express rather than a phone.

• The CPE on my watch is current and it still will not connect to GPS. I synced the watch with both the Garmin Connect app and Express and still not connectivity to GPS. Watch returned today for a replacement.

• CPE was current on the old watch.