This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep tracking - we all know its less than good.....

I knew sleep tracking was bad but three times I've synced my watch at various points today and three times I've had different results for my sleep data Joy 

• Here's mine for a usual day...

In the morning sync:   wake up and bed times correct(ish)

Later that same day....  

Come on Garmin...

• It's crazy. I absolutely love the watch and have no other complaints but I'd expect more in terms of their sleep data 

• Ridicolous. But since years Garmins Sleep analysis is one of the most crapy thing. Its crazy what you get for the price. The 600€ Fenix get a "Fiorstbeat" Analysis but it looks like it not for teh entry levle like Venu/VA4

• That's about what happens to me as well. I wake up, it some times shows a bit of deep sleep in at the start of the night, then alternates between rem and light for the rest of my sleep... During the day, it slowly chips away at the deep sleep until almost nothing is left in the evening... So basically, what is the point of garmins sleep tracking, when you cant actually trust the reading you get in the morning? Also, how can you trust a sleep tracker that thinks you only get 11 minutes of deep sleep dyring a 7 hour sleep... It's beyond bad, to the point that it becomes completly useless.

• Funny how when the vivoactive and venu are touted as more lifestyle devices. You would expect a lifestyle device that is not as bulky as the fenix to have better sleep tracking because people are more likely to wear it to  bed.

• Just talked to the support chat in North America, "there are no plans of bringing the new sleep widget to the vivoactive range" *** you Garmin...

• haha. vivoactive/venu is meant for gymgoers and people who do things besides aerobic exercises.

The touchscreen is much better for correcting reps in strength training

• Sleep tracking is the best way to track our health

• I've the same issues with my vivoactive 4, they seems to give a better guess first, then after an hour or sometimes after several hours can add up to 4 hours to my sleep which is totally wrong.
    I have a theory that the watch have some onboard sleep analysis maybe by FirstBeat even to calculate body battery and data from this is used as a first estimation after sleep to be shown after sync and then the data is being re-analyzed on servers and that estimation may get way off.

So it's starting with 8:56 which is probably the closes guess, then after an hour I've got 9:27 which is way off and the real sleep time was around 7:55 as on the third screenshot.
    Right now I have to use second tracker just for sleep estimation which is sad considering price tag for VA4.

Myself I've reported this behavior to support and was added to the case, so I would recommend anyone who experience similar issues to talk with them too, as from what I was told if case or idea get enough of people backing it, then Garmin may implement or work on it. So why not give it a try by chatting with support or give them a call?(there is link on the bottom). They may not even realize that the issue exists as most people may not care about this feature too much or think that it works fine.

Also I've spot that there are a lot of people on Venu branch of the forum is actively discussing poor sleep quality and there is even Garmin support person who update them on that case.