This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Golf not automatically prompting for score when I reach the green -please help

Hi,

I used to have the VA3 and upgraded to he VA4 this month.

On the VA3 when I was playing golf and scoring , the prompt to enter the number of strokes and puts used to pop up on screen when I walked onto the green or when i started walking off the green and onto the next tee box.

On the VA4 I have to press the top button > pencil icon > then the hole number and then enter my score. This is a lot of frustrating steps especially the more holes you do as you then have to do the extra step of scrolling all the way down past the holes you have completed to find the hole you have completed to edit the score. When trying to keep up with pace of play the extra steps / messing about are very annoying.

I am running the latest software version 4.70. Have rebooted watch multiple times. On the watch club prompt and stat tracking are enabled. Scoring is set to ‘always ask’

I would really appreciate any help getting this fixed please.

Thank you!

• I have the same issue on the Venu.  Sometimes I notice the screen to enter score comes up while I'm on the green but before I'm done putting, and then by the time I'm done it is gone and back to the gps screen.  So then I have to go thru the steps described above to enter the hole score.

• Emailed Garmin 4 days ago still awaiting a response. Have also purchase the 3 pack of ct10 sensors going to put on on my putter and PW to see if it auto tracks the score once i have a sensor on the putter but it really should not need this to work correct! Will give it a test next few days and report back

• So the ct10 sensors do not help at all. I have one on my putter and it registers the put as it comes up with the distance when walking to the my second put.

But on the scorecard on the watch does not increase the strokes or puts in correlation with the puts taken 

Bloody useless!

Garmin support on chat have been useless as well with their robot responses and linking to articles I have already read 

• Hi all.  I have the same issue.  I was using VA3 and then last summer bought S60 and a full set of CT10s.  It was not flawless but overall pretty accurate in recording only real shots (no ghost shots from practice swings next to the ball) and scoring would consistently come up at the end of each hole.  I wanted to have a single watch so I upgraded to the VA4 for this year.  

I have played multiple rounds and the score comes up at most one time per 18 and in most cases, as stated below, it would disappear before I finished the hole.  I am also getting ghost shots on more than 30% of my shots.  I called customer support more than a month ago and troubleshot - they sent me a few new batteries for the CT10s - that was not the issue.  They then sent me a new VA4 even though I was saying that I believe it is a software/firmware issue, and nothing changed with the new watch.  I was thinking of ditching the CT10 sensors to see if they were causing more issues than they are worth but based on what you all have said below it appears the issue exists with or without CT10s.

Garmin support said I was the only one that reported this problem.  I am still in touch with Garmin support but until we get more of you to call and complain, this will not get the priority level necessary for them to troubleshoot and fix it.

Please call customer support and tell them your issue.  If they say this issue has not been reported previously you can reference my case.  I have been speaking with Ralph and I believe my case is Reference ID: 16563829K1

Product Support

U.S. 913-397-0872 | 1-800-800-1020
    Canada 1-866-429-9296
    Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m. CST. Closed weekends and holidays.
    Product support is quite responsive so please give it a try and let's get this problem fixed!
    Thanks.
  • Thank you for this .

I have emailed garmin again and referenced your case.

If I do not hear back in a couple of days going to send it back for a refund.

Not acceptable after spending £200 on this device but like you I wanted a device which did it all.

Might have to switch over to shotscope if this does not get fixed

• I have the same problem and have emailed tech support and made reference to your case. My previous model the approach s20 did not have this issue

• Just spoke to support referencing case 16563829K1. The engineers have replicated the issue and are working on a fix for the software aiming to get out in the next update in July. This has made my day!

• That is great news.  Thank you for the update!

• Superb, that is great news.

However, i had a new fault to tonight. The watch crashed. Thankfully it saved my score but after rebooting the distances were all off. Eg, it said i  was 800,000 feet away from the green.  I will probably start a seperate thread, but any of you guys had this?

• 2 years after you sent this … I am experiencing the same problem on my vivioactive 4S