This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth not staying connected

For the last couple months I can’t seem to keep my watch connected. It’s always dropping Bluetooth connection from my phone. I’m running the latest iOS on my iPhone 11 Pro and my watch is up to date VA4S. Anyone else? 

• I just walk 10 feet away from my phone, i.e. when phone on charger, and Bluetooth disconnects from the watch, and Im constantly reconnecting. Seems as tho every time Garmin makes some sort of update, it affects Bluetooth in some way. The Bluetooth issue has been with Garmin for years, on their other wearables also. 
    it may be an iOS thing Apple is doing to promote the iWatch....

• I have the same issue. Constantly have to reconnect my watch to phone. 
    Come on Garmin!! It can’t be that difficult to fix. 
    this has been an issue for years on all Sports watches made by Garmin....

• Same problem with my iPhone X.  I either have to toggle BT or go into BT settings and tap the vivoactive 4 entry or force quit and restart Connect to get it to see the VA4 again. I've done all the Garmin-suggested troubleshooting more than once.  No joy.

• Even Garmin LiveTrack is disconnecting sometimes while riding. Probably because of bluetooth issue.

• Same problem here. VA4 and iPhone X. Both with the latest updates. I regularly have to go into BT settings and tap Vivoactive 4. It always reconnects but almost never on its own. Garmin HRM Dual, Speed Sensor 2, and Cadence Sensor 2 all connect as expected. (Wahoo Elemnt Bolt flawlessly connects and overall is a lot more intuitive than Garmin, but that's just a friendly dig.)

• I have same problem with VA4 + iPhone XR. Any solution?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Same for me - latest IOS on iPhone X

There are so many Threads about this obvious problem between Garmin watches and iPhones.

I find this so damn frustrating that Garmin is not trying to fix this severe bug or at least commenting the topic :-((

• Got a brand new VA4 this week and have the same Bluetooth connection issue with iPhone XR, both running the latest software.

Never had this problem with the VA3. What gives Garmin? I thought VA4 was supposed to be an upgrade...