This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wider band for Vivoactive 4s

Does anyone have a tip for a wider band that fits into the 18mm lugs of the Vivoactive 4s? I like the size of the watch, but think the band is to thin.

22mm would be nice, but even 20mm would be better. 

Something in the style of the bands for Forerunner 235 would be nice. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015BLJU0S/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=filmdat-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01G9ZBIKU&linkId=281ea3cd183c88485bfa9572f8c8dedc&th=1

Rubber, leather and fabric, everthing is interessting.

Does anyone know the lug width of the Forerunner 235? Or know if there are any other Garmins with 18mm lug width and wider bands (same style as Forerunner 235) that would be a direct fit for Vivoactive 4s?

• I doubt you'd find a wider one to fit, but for 18mm I've had one of these since yesterday just in time for warmer weather. Unfortunately it isn't quite as pictured the end is stepped narrower and you can see a bit of the pin as it measures 17.68mm, but other than that I'm pleased with it for the price even though it's early days.

www.ebay.com/.../274338065354

• The ebay strap is actually 20mm wide. I should of measured that yesterday too.

• I managed to get a wider band by re-using the band from a Vivoactive 1. If you look at the VA1 band it has a notch cut out at the end so whilst it's 24mm strap it will still fit. The size of the notch is 17/18mm so there's a little gap where you can see the pin but it's totally worth it for the comfort.

Pickup a replacement band from Amazon when it comes you'll need to re-use the pins, or buy a new set of pins and then you'll need to cut a small channel in the band where the quick release pin can fit, after that just fit it like a normal band and you're done.

• Maybe you could also buy a Vivoactive 4 band and just cut a notch into it yourself using a scalpel or other very sharp instrument.

• I think exactly the same. The size of the Vivoactive 4s watch is ideal for me, but the band is very thin and I don't like that. I found this one on amazon and it makes it a bit wider. I liked it but I'll keep looking.
      Tiangerr Band Compatible with Garmin Vivoactive 4S 40mm, 18mm.