This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS accuracy really poor (example map included)

I am very disappointed in the GPS accuracy of my Vivoactive 4 (first Garmin I've bought). Here is a link to a run I exported (blue line) and the actual course I ran (red line, accidentally made it two lines). As you can see there are certain parts where accuracy is really disappointing, not something I expect from Garmin. It was measured using GPS and Galileo. Is there anything being done by Garmin on the software side to address this? I bought this watch because of Garmin's reputation for GPS tracking and accuracy.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YagGpb1iEPGLwnHVdjLzHFtNBp4_QrHO&usp=sharing 

• So I just tested a quick run (I was walking) with my watch facing upwards instead of on my wrist like normal and the GPS was much more accurate than normal! Looks like this this article also works for the Vivoactive. This would also explain why cycling is more accurate as your wrist position / bike mounts would have the watch facing upwards most of the time!!!

forums.garmin.com/.../1072803

• VA4S using GPS only (though I didn't see any notable difference between GPS or GPS + GALILEO / GLONASS) on firmware 4.60.

I typically go out without my phone, so the watch doesn't have an active bluetooth connection during these logs. Furthermore, the watch is typically uncovered (i.e. no jacket / sweater covering it.)