This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Newest update calorie burn and intensity wrong

I updated my vivoactive 4s this morning to 4.4 and noticed that today I have burned a ridiculous amount of calories despite social distancing and only going for a small 2 mile run. 

It also says that I have completed my full 170 mins of intense exercise per WEEK just today (on the first day of the week). this definitely cannot be the case and I can only assume it's the update that's messed this up. please help garmin as this info is not useful to me! 

• I'm having the same issues since the 4.4 update with my va4

• I'm having the same issues since the 4.4 update with my va4

• I'm pretty sure it's a bug as it's only happened since the update and it changed a lot of my other settings tio (such as putting the backlight on all the time). I'm unsure how to contact support to open an investigation though...

so frustrating that they bring out new updates which fix some things that to me werent big issues and they just screw up the entire watch :( 

• For any users who are seeing increased calorie burn in after installing the latest update, please respond to this post with the below information. 

• Do we have your permission to view your Garmin Connect account to access settings?
    • Provide an example of increased calorie burn 
    • Public links to any activities that exhibit this (if you are okay with this)
  • Happy for you to view my account. 

Example of increased calorie burn: due to social distancing have been only going for the same 2 mile run everyday and have otherwise not done any other physical activity. for example on March 29th I burnt 310 active calories the whole day. Fast forward to yesterday after I'd done the update and I did the same run and no other activity and I appeared to have burned 1182 active calories which has never been the case. 

Also going on just a 2 mile run and doing no other activity yesterday and I have done over 170 mins of activity and intense exercise in 1 day. Seems crazy! 

Pretty confident it's the update as before my watch was working just fine :/ 

Not sure how to upload activities to prove this but happy for moderators to view from my account if necessary. 

• you have permission to  access my account
    • In running (outside with gps) and carido both i have around 50-100 calories more burned than the total daily activities the watch or the app shows. So the total calories burned based on all the activities is less than the total active calcories burned for the day 
    • I dont know how to share this and what do you mean by this
  • you have my permission. attached ia my example

thanks

• Having problem with my Garmin vivo 4s, it's showing ridiculous amount of calories burned. It was fine up until a few weeks ago but then had a few updates and since then it's been very inaccurate. Can someone tell me how this can be resolved ?

• I noticed a jump in calories/day over that last week.  I suddenly went from a daily average of 1600-2000 calories/day to 3400!  I wish! 

• Please correct this, I also give my permission to access My account. Having 2000 steps today at home doing nothing and calories burned over 1900kcal..i wish Rolling eyes