This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Physio trueup within Vivoactive 4 and Garmin Edge 830

Hi, I have a question about the Physio-trueup feature used within a Vivoactive 4 and a Edge 830. For example if I do a ride with the 830 without wearing the VA4, then it sync with the watch by physio-trueup but on the VA4 I see that the amount of active calories is always smaller than the value of the 830. Does anyone know why ? Thank you very much

• I currently don´t own an Edge but maybe i have some ideas ;) 

Regarding the "real" active calories, the calculation depends heavy on your heartrate. If you don´t wear your VA4 the calculation is based on formulas (i assume that you also don´t wear a chest strap?). If you later wear the VA4 again, the numbers from there has priority because the pulse sensor (it is the active fitnesstracker). 

So if you ride: Try to wear the VA4 and the best way to record your ride is to send your heartrate from your VA4 to the edge. Then, the activity is calculated with your heart rate and should be better (because the higher pulse -> activity calories). 

All ideas if you don´t wear a chest strap! 

Broadcasting heartrate:

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivoactive4_4S/EN-US/GUID-8EC8B7FE-2AC2-46E9-94FC-06416FF1E2ED.html

On my "old" Edge 130 it worked well this way.

• Hi, I always wear a chest strap in a ride with the edge 830, so I don't understand what this difference is due to, I' ll try wearing the watch during my ride with the 830 and see if there'll be some changes. Thank you very much!

• For me the true up function also does not work. Using a Edge 800 and Vivactive 4.

• For me it seems to sync but there's something to fix by Garmin, for example the number of calories is different between the two devices and cannot understand why, I always wear a chest strap when I use the edge 830 without wearing the VA4, so for me the physio true-up feature should simply report and add the number of calories measured by the 830 to the amount of active calories on the VA4, but it does not. The value given does not match at all.