This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature request: Ignore touchscreen when locked

I'm happy using my vivoactive 4 since a few months, but there is one little thing that kinda annoys me quite a bit:

When the watch is locked it's still responding to each and every touch, the backlight comes on and the lock with the yellow background is shown for quite some time.
Most of the people do not need backlight or touch responses when they actively lock the watch for workouts or other purposes. A few examples outside workouts:
Carrying an infant on your arm that is touching the watch every few seconds is quite exhausting for the battery with all that backlight and screen redraw that needs to be done. One other example is wearing the watch at night (locked) and the backlight is blasting full force and wakes you or others. 

What could be done better: Add an option to the lock to ignore all touches or give the option to disable the digitizer when locked. Accidental touches resulting in glaring backlight would be a thing from the past then.
If the urgent need for backlight is there, the user could simply press a button. Unlocking is still done like before with the long pressed button.