This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep Tracking (I know...)

It seems that the sleep stages is a bit random, but I am wondering...

I noticed that during supposedly deep sleep, if I turn on the movement overlay on the chart, my stress and movement at those deep sleep times is usually the highest of the night. That points to me either awake or REM sleep, not deep. Am I wrong? Anyone else check out your movement during sleep stages? I just don't see how it could be right and how they don't seem to be doing anything to fix sleep tracking.

• Garmin sleep tracking is useless. (former owner of a Fenix 5S Plus and Venu). #worstsleeptrackinginthebusiness

• I bought a vivoactive 4 because I thought Garmin is reliable, but its measurements are really exaggerated wrong. I was patient, I thought they would fix it. 1 year has passed nothing changed. The upset part is I bought for $10 a Chinese brand smart bracelet and its sleep tracking is correct.

After this 1-year experience, what I would say to everyone around me would be don't buy Garmin products. It's enough to look at the messages here, it's not believable, no response, no action. Is anyone alive out there, is anyone alive out there, is anyone alive out thereee

• What is the Chinese brand smart bracelet you bought that you found to be more accurate?

• Mi band 4 is better

• Everything that has sleep tracking as a feature is better than Garmin. Would be better if they just disable it until they figure out how to do it. 

• I tested it with Honor Band 5. The Honor Band gave correct sleep start and end times. I also tested with Fitbit Charge 3. While Honor and Fitbit gave close results, Garmin continued to measure sleep start end time incorrectly. Also, Garmin always underestimates deep sleep duration.

• FWIW I just got my watch Saturday to replace a Samsung Active 2 that I no longer have. The sleep stats on this Garmin seem pretty similar to what I was getting on the Samsung. 

• Every thing fortunately lines up for me. I've had my VA4 for a week now after upgrading from the FR35. A significant improvement.

My set times for bed time and DND is 9pm to 6am... but my watch depicts my sleep start and stop times accurately, and also my movements when I get up or wake up. My sleep times are fairly inconsistent as I almost always read or listen to something util about 10 or 11pm, and wake up anywhere between 5:30 and 7am. All reflected properly in Garmin Connect graph. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• The good news is Garmin has started rolling out beta firmware for their Fenix6 series which uses Firstbeat algorithms instead of their own to calculate sleep. Hopefully this will be the new standard. So far users have reported a significant improvement in the accuracy of sleep tracking. 

• That sounds good! Do you think us plebs with mere $300 devices will quality for this? Joy