This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Pay not locking after paying

Hi,

I'm a recently user of Garmin vivoactive 4 and I've noticed that after paying with Garmin Pay or when the unlocked time is over, it doesn't lock again. I think it's a securuty issue, because I know a Fenix 6 Pro that locks Garmin Pay after paying or running out the time to pay, so you need to input your PIN again (as expected).

I know another user which have the same problem with vivoactive 4, and different banking entity.

Is this problem already known or is there any way to fix it?

Thank you in advance. Regards

• my garmin pay is locked if I take off watch from hand. IMHO it's OK.

• That's the way to do it - please read the instruction for the watch carefully and the topic will probably be explained.. It's ok. It's supposed to be - up to 24h or to remove the watch from your hand.
  • Thanks guys,

I know what you mean, but then, what's the utility for the 60 seconds timer? Swiping again (in my configuration) is enough to activate Garmin Pay again... Thinking

Obviously I try to think like a thief

• but then, what's the utility for the 60 seconds timer?

such that for 60sec the nfc module is running and waiting for the event (and draws the battery)

• I agree. Garmin Pay should time out and require a PIN to reactivate. It should not require removal of the device.

It's not a big theft concern-- getting a terminal is difficult, acquiring the signal requires proximity, and, given that Garmin Pay isn't super prevalent, boy would it be a hard way to make a buck. And I doubt that the active state of searching for a signal requires much energy.

Still, there should be a choice NOT to require a PIN if the watch isn't removed. This is simply good design that reinforces best security practices for users as well as developers. C'mon Garmin! This is why you're losing the battle to Apple Watch even though you have a better product in many many ways.